PDA

View Full Version : Tours - Making 'Reservations'

OhToodles!
03-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Can you 'reserve' time for the tours like you can make ADRs? I think you can call another #, but wanted to mainly know if you can set it up 180 in advance like you do for dining? Anyone know for sure?

Tick-Tock
03-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Do you mean tours like Keys to the Kingdom or Around the World at Epcot (Segway)? Then yes, you not only can, but you should, if you know when you want to go. I don't know exactly how far out they go, but when we did the Segway tour in the spring a couple of years ago, they said they already were booking all the way to the end of the year.

WriteDisney
03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Can you 'reserve' time for the tours like you can make ADRs? I think you can call another #, but wanted to mainly know if you can set it up 180 in advance like you do for dining? Anyone know for sure?

Yes you can! I recently wondered about the same thing, but saturday our 180 day deadline for ADR's came up so I called about the Dolphins in Depth Tour. You have to call the tour line (407-WDW-TOUR) and I just told them when we would be arriving and they were able to book it. Had to pay up front (which is kind of a bummer since its so far away.. but at least its taken care of and you can cancel up to 48 hours before and get your money back if need be).

So I'm not sure if this goes for all tours or just the Dolphins in Depth, but it never hurts to find out and call, check availability and what not!

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Most (but not all) of the tours you can get some kind of discount if you have a Disney Visa (20 percent I believe) or AAA membership (15 percent I think).. so make sure you ask if you have either of these! It's worth it!

irish1967
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
I made our ressies for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour the same day I made our ADRs (180 days out)

I was able to get the day and time I wanted and during a busy time but the CM did say that the tours were very popular and are often sold out.

Tick-Tock
03-31-2008, 08:57 PM
The "How To Guide 2008" that I just got with our trip docs says tours can be booked one year in advance. 407-WDW-TOUR

wendy*darling
03-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Tours for now being booked through the end of 2008- but no further as of today.

I recently booked the Epcot Segway Tour about 200 days prior to our visit. And yes- I did have to pay in full at booking.

But I was not able to book any tours for our Jan 09 trip yet.
I was told those dates/schedules should be released in the summer.

OhToodles!
04-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks everyone!
We want to do the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot, which may not be one of the more popular tours, but still want to do it (and right before we eat at Garden Grill). I'll go ahead and make the call to set up.