PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Our Time?

SCbelle
03-31-2008, 07:54 AM
Hello everyone!

We are planning to take our DD7 and her cousin DN6 to WDW this coming Thanksgiving week.

We have 3 day hopper passes and are staying at ASMovies.

What would be your best suggestions for arranging our time at the parks. I have heard that AK can be a shorter day. I know at least one full day will be spent at Mk. And I particularly want to do Epcot. Is there much at DHS to bother going for that age of girls?

And when are the Extra Magic Hours posted for that time of year?

I get to call for our ADRs in May and hope to have some idea of the best itinerary befor then. Like the times the parks are the least crowded.

Thanks!! :D

busterthebronco
03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
DHS has honey i shrunk the kids playground, muppetvision 3d, the little mermaid show, and other things they would like.
we do our adrs for days the park has emh.
we just get reservations for late though and the kids might be on a schedule so i would stick to that.
kids like to be on a schedule and it keeps them from getting grumpy!
oh and 2 days for mk, maybe check out ak or dhs in the am and then mk at night?

Goofy Texan
03-31-2008, 08:33 AM
For a short 3 day trip I suggest you just focus on 2 parks - the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. There is plenty to do at both of them that will interest you and the girls. Otherwise you'll probably rush more than is fun and miss much of the magic.

The other parks will still be there for your next trip and you'll have something new to look forward to.

momof3+twins
03-31-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree that Epcot and Mk are the best parks. BUT, my kids love DHS and I have to admit that there is a different feeling to this park than the others. So, I would make sure to get a guide book and decide which things are of importance to each of you at the parks and go from there. Be sure to skip things like Swiss Family Treehouse and go straight for the big attractions. I think with proper planning you could see all the main attraction in Mk, DHS, and Ak in the three days. Epcot take so much longer with the walking around the countries. Ak will only take 5 hours or so to see the most popular attractions.
We aren't big AK fans this is our list of favorites:
K. Safari
Lion King
Characters @ Camp Minnie/Mickey
Dinosaur ( well I call it that still, I'm old)
Triceratops Spin
And the Nemo will be on the list.
We also spend some time in the boneyard and playing the carnival games.

We have an awesome hometown zoo and don't get all giddy over the animals.

Epcot:
Skip Innoventions
But, everything else is worth visiting including kidcot funstops.

DHS our tops our:
Indiana Jones ( at least 3 xs a trip)
Muppets
Star Tours
Mermaid
Great Movie Ride
Beauty and the Beast
Motorcars show
And High School Musical and Block party will be on there.

MK:
We love everything even Swiss Tree, but skip it along with Tiki Birds, Snow White ( you get the idea).

See SpectoMagic, Fantasmic, Illuminations. They are not to be missed!!
Have fun and try to get some swimming in there!!LOL

Disneyatic
03-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Depending on the personalities and preferences of your DD and DN, I would limit time at EPCOT and focus more on MK, DHS and AK.

Don't get me wrong, I love Epcot and DD8 does too, but she loves DHS and MK more.
Depending on how adventurous they are, there is enough to do at MK to fill up at least 1 1/2 days, and DHS has many good shows that my DD loves.
I agree about getting a guide book or going online to the Disney website and looking through the parks and attractions and planning your park days that way. You can see the rides and shows offered and figure out which parks have the most of your "must-do's".
Maybe do 1 day MK, 1 day DHS, 1/2 day AK and 1/2 day Epcot.

GrumpyFan
03-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Hmm, 3 days is a short amount of time to try and squeeze in more than 3 parks, especially at Thanksgiving. The parks will be crowded and the kids are going to get tired.

Don't make the mistake of trying to see and do everything in such a short amount of time, it can't be done! If you do try, it will most likely make you and them tired and cranky and not enjoyable. Believe me, we tried this the first time we went and we had 4 days. We thought we could do everything in all 4 parks, and we tried, but in the end we all agreed it was a miserable trip.

I would recommend 1 day for MK, 1 day for Epcot but leave before the fireworks. Then do AK during the day, and go back to Epcot that night to have a nice dinner and see the fireworks.

EvilQueen2006
03-31-2008, 06:16 PM
if i had 3 days i would spend a day at MK, a day at Epcot, and a morning at AK and evening at DHS

momof3+twins
04-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Evil Queen 2006's idea sounds good!