PDA

View Full Version : Tell me Good Things about BC!

loopner67
03-30-2008, 11:28 PM
My family really wants to try the BC next December. We're going to have 5 people going for that trip, so we're not going back to the WL (we love having the bunk beds at that resort for our two boys). Anyway, my 21 year old stepdaughter is going with us, so we're thinking the BC is a great choice for the five of us.

Please tell me all the great things about BC. Please no negative things in this post (not that I don't want to hear realistic reviews). I'm just looking for good feedback at this time.

Thanks! :mickey:

wpgminnie
03-31-2008, 07:44 AM
1) sleeps 5
2) walking distance to Epcot and the Studios
3) just walk to the bridge and see Illuminations
+ Christmas fireworks
4) wandering space around the Boardwalk
5) beautiful decorations around the Boardwalk
6) walking distance to the monorail then to the Magic Kingdom
7) only have to take a bus to Animal Kingdom
and Downtown Disney
8) walking distance to mini golf (great courses)
9) excellent food choice around the Boardwalk
plus "the World" at Epcot
10) THE POOL IS THE BEST!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS

Goofeygal
03-31-2008, 08:10 AM
We stayed at the BC once and loved it. It sleeps 5 comfortably with a day bed. I love the location right at boardwalk and ditto to everything on the above post.:mickey:

Donald Duck
03-31-2008, 09:13 AM
The best pool in all of WDW
5 minute walk to EPCOT
You can take boat from BC/YC to Disney Studios
Beaches and Cream Ice Cream
Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast
Boat rentals
Bike rentals
Walk to Broadwalk shops and restaurants
Large rooms with 2 queen beds and day bed

You'll love it !

loopner67
03-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all the great responses, so far! I really am excited to try out this hotel and see another part of Disney. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Positives only!
1. Location, location, location!

Location to EPCOT
Location to dinner spots each night (EPCOT's WS, Boardwalk, BC/YC, Swan/Dolphin)
Location to DHS
Location to Boardwalk entertainment each night

2. In addition to location...

Great pool
Great kiddie pool on pirate ship
Great pool slide
Solarium room for reading/relaxing
BC Marketplace
B&C ice cream/burger shop
Very good transportation options (walking or boats)
Cape May Cafe character breakfast
Art the Greeter

Like any resort in WDW, you'll find some people who don't care for the resort as well as some shortcomings of the resort itself, but overall, this is definitely one of our faves!

thumperbug
03-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Gotta agree with all. BCV was the first DVC resort we stayed at. We had a 2 bedroom. We loved everything about it. Out of all the resorts we have stayed at WDW ( and that is a lot) this resort was the one we found to be the cleanest. I'm not saying all the other resorts were dirty, but one of the things that comes to mind when you stay at BCV is just how clean it is. Enjoy!

thejens
03-31-2008, 10:45 PM
We did BC last year and just loved it. I love entering Epcot through the world (I know some don't, but I love the romantic feeling in England as you enter.) I love the feeling of the resort, nostalgic, pretty, relaxed. It is nice to be able to take a boat to the Studios, check out the Yaht Club and Boardwalk while you are there. The pool is awesome. I love Cape May for dinner or breakfast. You are close to lot and lots of restaurants in the resorts and in Epcot. While everyone was napping before dinner I took a leisurely stroll through the World without kids. It's so nice to come and go from the parks so easily. You'll love it.

playdead88
04-01-2008, 06:01 AM
i couldn't agree more! i can't think of one thing that is bad about the beach club - we loved it! the cape may cafe character bfast is awesome - beaches n cream soda shop is also a lot of fun and great ice cream - stormalong bay is like having a mini water park outside your door and one of our favorite parts is being able to walk to epcot! not to mention the boardwalk is also within walking distance! we are on a quest to stay at every deluxe resort so when that is over we will be returning to the beach club!! :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
04-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Don't know that I can really add anything but will agree with the other posts. I absolutely love the location, and if you get on the Epcot side of the resort it is literally a three minute walk to Epcot and a very nice stroll at that. Everything about this resort is pure Disney. I also like having the other resorts nearby to visit when we are not at the parks We've stayed at all of the Epcot resorts (Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Beach Club) except for the Yacht Club and the Beach Club is easily our favorite. You will have a great time!:thumbsup:

moe513
04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
location,location,location and cape may breakfast.

loopner67
04-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone! I've enjoyed each and every response so far. I just love to hear the positives even if you're repeating what someone else says. You're also all giving me ideas like I need to "break out of our pattern" and try the BC character bfast! I think we also might do the clam bake. I really like to enjoy the hotel we stay in as much as I can to enhance the trip.

threeh
04-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Location location location!!!!
The whole EPCOT resort area is really nice, walking distance to EPCOT and boat or walk to disney studios. ALso storm along bay is one of the best pools on property. My kids still talk about the sand bottom. One of the best perks of all is using the international gateway to get to and from EPCOT. I feel like a mastercard commercial but being able to scoot out the back of EPCOT when iluumintions ends is priceless!!

Happy planning:mickey: