PDA

View Full Version : Living Statues in Italy

jelloarms
03-30-2008, 09:13 PM
There's a thread going on about the Italy pavillion and many people were wondering what happened to the living statues. Does anyone happen to know when exactly they were removed? I remember being there in 1997 and getting to interact with them.

I think the statues probably got removed b/c Disney didn't want to get sued. So many people sue Disney b/c some character touched their kid in a bad way...most of the time it's not even true. (we all know the Tigger story....stupid father) Anyway to prevent lawsuits, they had to get rid of them. It can't possibly be b/c of budget cuts...Disney is loaded.

Any thoughts on this matter?

joanna71985
03-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, they've been gone for years. Quite a shame.:(

Dakota Rose
03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I didn't know they'd gotten rid of them and I also didn't know there had been issues with touching and these statues. They're so great and very European.

locodemickey
03-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I know they were there 3 years ago this past December. I really miss them:(

Nini
03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I didn't know they'd gotten rid of them and I also didn't know there had been issues with touching and these statues. They're so great and very European.

I don't believe there ever were any incidents with the statues - the OP was speculating as to why they might have left.

I think it was just cost cutting. Loved them though!!

Denise :mickey:

McGoofy
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I loved these statues. The last photo I have of one is in October 2004. I usually took a photo when my son would go up and try to get her to pose with him. It would always make him laugh. (He was 6yo at the time of the photo.) It must have not been too long after this time when the living statues disappeared because I'm sure that I would have more photos.

Cinderelley
03-31-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm pretty sure we saw them Summer, 2005. I could be wrong though.

momof3+twins
03-31-2008, 04:21 PM
We were there in 2005 and they were gone. I think a cast member told us they were exchange students from France and their visas expired? Does anyone know if that is true?
I've got some great pictures of my FIL with them!! So much fun!!

Nini
03-31-2008, 05:05 PM
We were there in 2005 and they were gone. I think a cast member told us they were exchange students from France and their visas expired? Does anyone know if that is true?
I've got some great pictures of my FIL with them!! So much fun!!

I don't believe this to be true - I believe they are actually from the group "Imaginum" that is based in this country.

Denise :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
03-31-2008, 05:28 PM
They were great! We miss them a lot!!:mickey:

Septbride2002
03-31-2008, 05:28 PM
We saw one in January 2005 and she was WONDERFUL! Shortly after that they were dropped from the schedule. :(

~Amanda

TheMartellFamily
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
I thought I heard something that the contract was not renewed for this group and there for that is why they are not there.

JERSEYDISFAN
04-01-2008, 07:59 PM
The Living Statues do still exist. Just Google Unity Productions and you'll see a link to their website.

jelloarms
04-02-2008, 04:33 AM
The Living Statues do still exist. Just Google Unity Productions and you'll see a link to their website.

Thankyou for that link! Watching the montage of them in action really made me smile.

moe513
04-02-2008, 07:00 AM
We saw them in 04 but on a later trip we were told they got rid of them before the Happiest Celebration on Earth.

Von-Drake
04-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I remember seeing them in France quite a fe years ago. I have some pictures of them somewhere (it was in the age before I went to digital photography). They were pretty cool though. My sister absolutely loved them.

McGoofy
04-02-2008, 10:25 AM

Another thank you for pointing us to that link. The montage was great. My son and I watched it together last night. Now my son is almost 10, and it still made him laugh!:mickey:

locodemickey
04-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I think we should all email Disney and demand they bring them back:mickey: If everyone loved them so much, why did they take them away:confused::confused: This is one show/performance I truly miss:(