PDA

View Full Version : Luau food at Ohana??

starrmomof2
03-30-2008, 08:26 PM
We are making plans for our trip in September and are trying to determine where to make our ADR's. We reviewed where we ate last time to see what should be repeated and what could go by the wayside. My DH asked about the Luau, which we attended last trip. I really enjoyed it, but have a sort of 'been there, done that' attitude about it. He agreed, but said he really enjoyed the meal. My question is, having not eaten at the Poly other than the luau, does Ohana's have similar items on there menu? If so, then we could eat there without the show and he could still enjoy similar food. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

olinecoach61
03-31-2008, 10:03 AM
I can't speak to O'hana because we have not had the pleasure yet, however we are eating there in July. Kona Cafe is absolutely fabulous. Last summer we had not made ADR's and the front desk at the Poly was able to squeeze us in. We were delighted by the high quality of the food. The deserts are to die for!

Mackflava99
03-31-2008, 10:07 AM
We are going to Luaou in June - but i wonder my kids are picky eaters-
do they have kid meals there?

LandFan
03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
O'hana's has MUUUCHHHH better food than the Luau!

Not sure about the kid's menu...

DNS
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
We are going to Luaou in June - but i wonder my kids are picky eaters-
do they have kid meals there?
Check out info central here on intercot under dining/WDW dinner shows.

McGoofy
03-31-2008, 03:20 PM
O'hana's has MUUUCHHHH better food than the Luau!

Not sure about the kid's menu...

Uh oh...now you are making me nervous. We've eaten at Ohanas before and enjoyed it very much. I just made reservations to go to Spirit of Aloha in September. We have never been there before.

While I have the attention of all you expericed Spirit of Aloha veterans, how long is the show/dinner? I have an 8pm ADR. DH and I were thinking we could go to Pleasure Island afterward and catch the Adventurers Club. We were wondering if we would have enough time and that all depends on how long SofA runs.

illini
03-31-2008, 03:30 PM
We haven't done the luau, but whether or not it's similar, you will love 'Ohana. Apparently, my DH and I are picky because this is the only TS we really love at WDW. I don't particularly care for meat and I *still* simply love 'Ohana. I can eat the sides and appetizers until I'm barely able to get out of my chair!
And from what I've heard, the food is much, much better than the Luau.
Go to the tabs up above, click on info central, and under dining click on menus. You can find the menus for each and see if they're similar at all.

McGoofy
03-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Wow! I didn't realize how different the food at Ohanas and the luau is until I just now read both menus. Those chicken wings at Ohanas are simply the best! If you have done the show before, I would definitely recommend trying Ohanas.

So does the show at Spirit of Aloha make up for the food?

Also, I see it is all you can drink included. What is the "house cocktail?" Is that a fruity/tropical adult beverage? Or is it something that changes regularly?

Jasminegirlsmom
03-31-2008, 04:52 PM
I've never done the Luau but I do like O'Hana's. If you can get a later ressie, you can watch the water parade and fireworks.

LandFan
03-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Definitely go to the Adventurer's Club! That is too cool! Stick around a while though. If you leave too soon, you probably won't enjoy it very much or "get it". You have to give it a good couple of hours.

Belle_0717
03-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Both Ohana and Kona cafe have very different food that what's served at the Luau. The luau food is terrible.

goingbacktodisney
03-31-2008, 07:49 PM
We LOVE Ohana's...hated the Luau and will not EVER spend my $ on it again. Food was not very good and the show was a bit tacky. We go to Ohana's almost each time we go to WDW!

Coach Goofy
04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I would rather eat at Ohana than anywhere on the property. It is my personal favorite. From the chicken wings to the bread pudding and everything in between, it is outstanding.