PDA

View Full Version : Non-point room discount question

MarkC
03-30-2008, 08:21 PM
We are going to Disney in August, and have our stay set at BCV. However, we now have our flights and we are getting in two days earlier than our reservation. We already borrowed 13 points against next year so I don't want to borrow any more.

Does anyone know if we get discounts on DVC rooms or regular Disney resort rooms? I couldn't find anything on the member website. Is it based on availability only or can members get discounts at any time? Any help with this question would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

JPL
03-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I believe members get a discount whenever they stay at a DVC property paying out of pocket and not using points.

Maleficent's Dad
03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
You can get a DVC "cash rate" discount at any DVC resort based on availability. The rate is good, close to an AP rate.

If you use DVC to get an AP, you might find yourself eligible for an AP rate at the time of your travel - we've actually travelled to WDW on AP rates when our points ran out.

Usually, between the AP rates and the DVC "cash" rates, you can get a place for a pretty good price.

DVC Mike
03-31-2008, 07:03 AM
You can get a DVC "cash rate" discount at any DVC resort based on availability. The rate is good, close to an AP rate.

Members can get a 25% discount off the rack rate for a DVC resort, subject to availability.