PDA

View Full Version : question regarding booking DVC

nls721
03-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Hello - I am thinking of joining DVC and have a couple questions....

1) Are you able to book your stay online

2) I plan our vacations far in advance. So, my intention is as soon as I'm able to book at the "home" resort I would, so I know we have a reservation. But, then when the 7 month timeframe for other resorts opens up, could I switch the reservation? Or, once you book, can't you change?
Thanks, Nicole

DVC Mike
03-30-2008, 07:25 PM
1) Are you able to book your stay online

No, you can't book your stay online as you can a regular Disney room. You must call DVC member services by phone. You can submit a request via the web site, but it might not get addressed by MS until a day or two. DVC MS is open 7 days a week to take your phone calls.

2) I plan our vacations far in advance. So, my intention is as soon as I'm able to book at the "home" resort I would, so I know we have a reservation. But, then when the 7 month timeframe for other resorts opens up, could I switch the reservation? Or, once you book, can't you change?

Yes. Members who decide they don't want to stay at their home resort typically book it at the 11-mo window so they have a place to stay, but then try to book another resort at the 7-mo window.