PDA

View Full Version : Missing the World

Flames24
03-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I have not been to the world in a year in a half and it does not seem like I will be going this summer. We are looking for a new home, should I forget about the world for another year?

KineGirl
03-30-2008, 04:21 PM
It depends if it will deter your finances from being able to get a home. If it does - Have no worries about the World.. it will be there waiting for you with even more magic & new things to do :mickey: In the meantime you can always play/commiserate with us. Pixie dust 4 u :pixie:

jaredkari
03-30-2008, 04:29 PM
We too are in WDW withdrawl (which we are all the time even though we just went in January). But it looks like we won't be going again this year. We try to make not so bad by reminding ourselves that Space Mountain is closed or is going to be closed most of this year. :(

beksy
03-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm having the same withdrawal issues even though we went in February. As we were leaving, I was trying to think of ways to get back sooner! I start law school in August though so all my $$ is tied up for awhile. I just keep reminding myself that when I'm through with school I'll be able to afford more frequent trips and spend a lot of time on here planning a trip in January 2010.

BluewaterBrad
03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Good luck!!:thumbsup::mickey:

BMan62
03-30-2008, 06:31 PM
We too are in WDW withdrawl (which we are all the time even though we just went in January). But it looks like we won't be going again this year. We try to make not so bad by reminding ourselves that Space Mountain is closed or is going to be closed most of this year. :(

Do you have confirmation of SM closure from somewhere? As far as I have read on here, it is still just rumor.

disneymom15
03-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Don't jeopardize your home purchase, Disney will be there when you can afford it. If you really need to itch your scratch you could probably do an inexpensive trip. Example, I see your from a big city, watch for cheap air fare and stay at a value resort. I'm booked at POP for $49 a night (ordered the planning dvd and received a discount code with it), also just purchase base myw tickets. Just a thought. Good luck on your home search.

LauraF
03-31-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm trying to buy a new house too, so I feel your pain. The timing is harsh.

BF and I decided over the weekend that we were going to try our best to do both this year. We figure that with a new house this will be out last vacation for several years, so we might as well enjoy it! That said, he's taking more OT at work so we can save the extra, and I'm budgeting us very frugally for the forseeable future. If it works out the way my projections indicate, we should be able to afford both the trip to WDW and the new mortgage. But if it comes down to choosing one, the house will come first. WDW will still be there, even if we miss it!

I think the the key to doing both is to be willing to reduce your lifestyle. The running joke when we go shopping is:
Do we need it for WDW or the house?
No.
Then put it back. :D

Good luck with it all!