PDA

View Full Version : New to DDP!! Help!!

SCbelle
03-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Hello all!

I am currently researching the dining choices for our ADPs and am finding WAY TO MUCH to choose from for only a 5 night stay!

We are arriving Sun 11/23 and leaving Fri 11/28. So we will be there over Thanksgiving. I can make my call on 5/27 so I'd like some first and second choices written down before I dial.

As of now we only have 3 day park hopper passes and were planning on leaving Thursday open for offsite stuff.

Our group is myself, my DH, my DD7, my dad and his wife and their granddaughter 6.

We definitely want a CRT meal one day, have been told bfst is best. I am interested in Boma, but after that I am LOST!!

Any suggestions would be very welcome! Both girls are great eaters and we are on the Deluxe plan.

We are staying at All-Star Movies.:waycool:

Thanks!!

wdw_bound
03-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Given the girls ages, you'll probably be at MK most of all. We LOVE Crystal Palace (both breakfast and dinner). Liberty Tree is a tough ADR to get, even at 180 days.

Resort dining will also work well for you since you have 5 days worth of meals and only 3 day tix. We (DH, me, DD9 and DS3) really enjoy Whispering Canyon (WL), Ohana (Poly), and Park Faire (GF). Chef Mickeys is good for kids, but we found it overstimulating (along the lines of Chuckie Cheese).

On Thanksgiving Day during our trip a few years ago, we had Thanksgiving at the Fort (aka Mickey's Backyard BBQ), and LOVED it. We stayed away from the parks that day, hung out at the resort, went to FW for dinner around 4, and then went to DTD to see Santa. The meal was 2 credits, but I think you're going to have plenty of leftover meal credits if you are on the deluxe plan.

Have a great trip! When you call to make your ADRs, decide which restaurant is your top choice and start there - you may have to be flexible to get what you want. Also, I call back to confirm everything - I've caught errors twice that would have been very difficult to fix once we arrived, and you'll be there at a busy time, so it would be even harder.

KineGirl
03-30-2008, 04:33 PM
I would also recommend looking into a dinner show (2TS) or 2 if youre not eating breakfast lunch & dinner at sitdowns. Thats a lot of sitting down in WDW!! We usually just sit for dinner and grab lunch at CS. You might just find that 3 sit downs a day is alot of food & alot of sitting! A great dinner show is the Spirit of Aloha @ Poly. Or maybe try one of the signature restaurants (2TS) like Jikos @ AKL (fantastic food) or California Grill.

mook3y
03-30-2008, 10:09 PM
IMHO

The main reason for doing the Deluxe DDP is to try the signature restaurants.

To date, our favorite is Narcoossee's.

But, we will be trying many more Signature dining experience this year!

mickeymousedabomb
03-30-2008, 10:51 PM
We just love the DDp! Next trip we will upgrade to the dlx one, mainly for all the character meals and 1 dinner show. But if you're looking for opions on where to eat: Boma is wonderful, great food and atmosphere you can't go wrong with this choice, CRT is something we will do for the first time next trip for breakfast early before park opening, 1900 PF for dinner b/c Cinderella and friends are here at this time and the step sisters are hilarious to watch on youtube tapings, this will be a first for us also. Biergarten was really a place not many talk about but was like a diamond in the ruff. Very nice dinner buffet selections and we hit our ADR perfectly and got to see the second round for the band, which was awesome:thumbsup:. I believe there are only two performances nightly. Wispering Canyon is alot of fun, it's very loud and hopping here, we loved it! 'Ohana is a fav for dinner at a window seat watching Wishes at the MK, 50's PTC seems real fun too like an old mom and pop diner with great homestyle food, another 1st for us too. I could go on and on but for now those are good starters! Good luck:mickey: