PDA

View Full Version : Ideas???

Cinderellaluver
03-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Me and my friends are thinking about taking a trip to Disney and need original ideas on how to make money....not like babysitting, dog walking, lawn mowing, ect.

daparish
03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Sorry, I don't have any moneymaking tips (I really wish I did) but just wanted to say welcome com Intercot and good luck on your upcoming trip.:mickey:

Ian
03-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Best way I've found is to go around and scoop up people's "junk" and then sell it on eBay.

You'd be amazed what people will buy and how much they'll pay for it.

offwego
03-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Can any of you offer homework help to others for pay?

(and at this time of the year yard work can be a better idea then you might think)

Also many garden centres will hire people seasonally which might be a good idea. Newspaper routes? Bottle returns?

House or room painting? Housework?

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 08:15 PM
I know that this (at least) works to raise money for charities.

Sell 50/50 tickets. Everyone loves it when cash is the prize. The way it works is if you raise 100$ then you pocket 50 and the winner of the draw pockets 50. Easy!

Good luck!

My other advice is that if you're in H.S. you can get involved in 4-H and earn a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money on a lamb or other farm animal (I did lambs). Look into it!

mugley
03-30-2008, 08:38 PM
A temporary job...;)

Cinderellaluver
03-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all the ideas :)

Any others???

Disney Doll
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
I had a friend in college that cleaned houses part time. She made quite a bit and got plenty of business from friends of the family. You could easily charge $40.00 for a house and probably get it done in a few hours. It beats most of the other part time jobs out there.

Marilyn Michetti
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Give up some little thing you do daily, or weekly, and put the $$ in a jar. For instance, if you get a coffee and bagel every morning, cut out the bagel - bring one from home. OR, only half the fast food, etc.

My brother, once, calculated how much money he and his wife would save if they cut out the coffee and bagel x five days, x two of them, and he was amazed. Don't know what they were saving for, but it sure wasn't Disney - they think we're "bonkers" for going to a theme park instead of Burmuda. I say, whatever floats your boat. (For us, it's Small World).:D