PDA

View Full Version : The Kitchen Sink

mickeymousedabomb
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Okay so I just discovered the kitchen sink at Beaches N Cream:blush: So I've rearranged a no park during the day for homework and :laundry: primaraly so that we're hangin around the Boardwalk during lunch time on our upcoming trip in Nov 09. I have watched on youtube the preperation of this devine dessert, WOW :jaw: is my comment! 2 scoops of each: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, 1 scoop of coffee 1 scoop of mint choc chip, peanut butter, hot fudge, marshmellow, sprinkles, cherries, angel food cake, brownies, oreos, a whole chopped banana, a milky way bar, and: A WHOLE CAN OF WHIPPED CREAM! OMG I am soooo anxious to get there and try it! We'll have me, my mom and my 2 DDS to share this lovely dessert. I'd like to hear some comments on this $21.99 mammoth sundae!!

busterthebronco
03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
two words-
YUM-MY!:thumbsup:

ISLE39
03-30-2008, 11:49 AM
3 of us adults could nto finish it but it was fun trying

Maleficent's Dad
03-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=129540) to read a recent thread on the Kitchen Sink! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
2 adults and 2 kids could not finish it! But it sure was fun trying. :thumbsup:

joanna71985
03-30-2008, 02:46 PM
I "attempted" to eat one by myself. I failed (miserably), but it sure was good!

Jonas_Swe
03-30-2008, 03:33 PM
First I must say:
:congrats:

My Kitchen Zink memories are some of the best from our WDW vacation! :party2:

And I never had a single spoon of the monsterous dessert... :razz:

But that night out with our friends was just awesome, the atmosphere at B&C's combined with the friendly staff just made it just perfect. :number1:

HAVE A BLAST! :clappy:

#1donaldfan
03-30-2008, 03:47 PM
We've known about it for a while now, but to date have not tried it.....

However, this year will be different!!!!!

We are going to get one, or bust !!!!:thumbsup:

PETE FROM NYC
03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I believe that the original kitchen sink was made locally near me at Jahn's Ice Cream Parlor,located on Hillside Avenue,in Richmond Hill ,Queens,New York.
Jahn's used to have a bunch of different locations in NYC.The one near me is well over a hundred years old, and still going strong.
When I was a kid,(now I am 57)it went for between 5-6 dollars.
I don't think I have been there in around 15 years, but I do pass it often.
Excuse me now while I take DW out for some ice cream.

magicofdisney
03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Just the other day on the Food Network, they were reviewing a Kitchen Sink but it was NOT at Disney. It was kind of a let down for me because I thought it was unique to Disney but now I find out there are variations all over.

Wrigley
03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
We have eaten at Beach's and Cream several times but have never tried the Kitchen Sink-I have informed my DH that on this next trip it is a must! I LOVE ice cream-it's my weakness:blush:

Vellamint
03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
I believe that the original kitchen sink was made locally near me at Jahn's Ice Cream Parlor,located on Hillside Avenue,in Richmond Hill ,Queens,New York.
Jahn's used to have a bunch of different locations in NYC.The one near me is well over a hundred years old, and still going strong.

WOW - I know Exactly where Jahn's Ice Cream Parlor is.....or was....is it still there?

I'm hoping to get my family to try the Kitchen Sink on our upcoming trip...

thejens
03-31-2008, 10:48 PM
When is a good time to get a table at Beaches and Cream? Everytime we tried there is a long wait. Do you have to get ADRs for this?

mickeymousedabomb
04-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Even though I've never gone here (yet) I do know that ADR's aren't possible b/c it's considered a CS. Maybe someone will come along with when a good time to go get a seat is and when it's not rush hours.:D

busterthebronco
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
When is a good time to get a table at Beaches and Cream? Everytime we tried there is a long wait. Do you have to get ADRs for this?

wel i dont know if there is a good time but we went in right before it closed and sat at the couter.

momof296&02
04-05-2008, 10:33 PM

I grew up in Woodhaven & have great memories of Jahn's. I spent just about every birthday there from 5 to 12. Once we hit 12 or 13 it off to Pop's on jamaica Avenue w/out our parents! As we got older we would sometimes squeeze in a stop to Sunnydale's for Pink Champale. Think i'll take my kids to jahn's over the April break

Bethanymouse
04-06-2008, 12:05 AM
My fiance and I enjoyed the kitchen sink sundae a few years ago. We read about it on here and were very excited for the experience. It was so much fun! Of course we didnt even put a dent in it, in fact it melted before we had a chance! Be prepared it is really really SWEET! Beaches and Cream makes a big deal when it is ordered to, which is a LOT of fun! Have fun and take loads of pictures!

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Can you use the DDP to get this?

Rayadragon
05-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I wanted to know too if you could use a TS credit to get one. I wouldn't think so, I'd just like to know for sure.