PDA

View Full Version : Is This Awkward?

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 12:48 AM
In planning my first Disney trip (last year) I used a certain guide book/website that REALLY helped me. I would like to reccomend it to other people, but I haven't yet because I haven't noticed other people doing similar things and because I feel nervous about sounding like a salesperson trying to force a product on someone. I just had a lot of luck using a particular travel site and would like to share.

Are there any rules on Intercot about reccomending things to people? I have a great time on this site and don't want to spoil it by bringing up something that's awkward. Its just that I've never noticed anyone pointing others to travel books or website before! Could someone please tell me what's ok and what's not?

Maybe I'm being silly. Sorry if I am. ;)

Carol
03-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Because we do not charge member fees and rely on sponsors we do not allow promoting of other sites. Those details can be found in the Terms of Service governing the boards.

Plus - we are a discussion board. Folks ask questions here because they want firsthand advice and information. They're not asking to be sent elsewhere.

Thanks for asking first. :)

John
03-30-2008, 08:48 AM
PM me the name of the guidebook. If appropriate, we can add it to the store (sold thru amazon) and then you could point folks to the store.

Thanks

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks! Glad I asked!