PDA

View Full Version : tell me about mickeys backyard bbq

hooberry
03-29-2008, 09:09 PM
:mickey:I was wondering about the entertainment is like and how is the food. Is it set up buffet style, is it outside, etc:confused:

busterthebronco
03-29-2008, 09:50 PM
its outside but under a big roof type deal.
the "show" is country & western style with a band and the characters in cowboy type outfits.
the food is buffet style with a nice selection.
i like it lots!
you sit on big picnic type tables.
dessert is a giant sheet cake.
i'm a good 'ol boy at heart so it fits like a glove on me. :tiphat:

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2008, 10:49 PM
The food is a buffet - they even have beer! :beer:

The entertainment is good - a live band, dancing, & characters (wait in lines to get pics/autographs).

While it is not something we enjoy, it does have *potential* IMO.

wdw_bound
03-30-2008, 10:46 AM
We did it for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, so our menu (while very good) was not the typical one.

The entertainment and character interaction were really good - DD really enjoyed dancing with Minnie and Chip and Dale. The band was nice - I'm not a C&W fan at all, and even I enjoyed it.

I'd recommend getting there early - the seating is long rows of picnic tables, and I was amazed at how territorial folks were - many small groups tried to "claim" entire tables, even though they were all pushed together in a line.

We really enjoyed it. The only reason we haven't gone back is that there are so many other great places to try, and this one is 2TS on the DDP. We'll go back again in the future, but it's not on our "must" list.

c&d
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
If I recall, it was burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob. Typical BBQ food. Wine and beer were included and all the :bar: you could eat for dessert.

DisneyWhirled
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Food was yummy BBQ (buffet) style. The kids got a kick out of being able to just go and grab a Mickey Bar for dessert.

The band was good, as was the trick roper. I did not care for the "freestyle" character interaction at all. Yes, you could dance with a character, but good luck getting their attention. Parents and kids were like ants on rice. My kids are not pushy/assertive (neither am I) so we did not get to dance with any characters.