PDA

View Full Version : The Second Time Around

jeddalynn
03-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Today DH told me he's worried that he's getting OVER excited about our next trip to DW. He said he's afraid he's working it up in his mind so much that he's bound to be disappointed by unrealistic expectations. We've only been once before, last March, and we're going back in May.

So what have other people's experiences been? Is the second time around as good as the first?:confused:

KineGirl
03-29-2008, 05:53 PM
LOL thats just about impossible ( to be completely disappointed! ) Some things wont be as good as the last time but other things are going to be oh so much better!! I am excited about the next trip each time the last is done and I have yet to "ruin" it for myself! What hes experiencing is that magical spell Disney puts on ppl :thumbsup: its really quite natural

BMan62
03-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Every time we plan a WDW trip, I get worried that it just won't be as special as that first time, or the last time for that matter, and I have yet to come home from a trip feeling like it wasn't special.

There is always something different to do, something new or rehabbed to see. It just doesn't get old!

I wouldn't worry too much - just look in his eyes 5 minutes after you get there -- guaranteed twinkle!

pink
03-29-2008, 07:36 PM
There is always something different to do, something new or rehabbed to see. It just doesn't get old!

I agree- we got at least once a year and there is always at least a few new things that change the dynamics at the park and makes it just as magical if not more than the last visit! :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
03-29-2008, 08:32 PM
For me, it gets better! You learn your way around and things get less hectic (well, sort of)! I seem to have more time to enjoy what I'm doing instead of worrying about what I might be missing. We go at least once a year and would go more if we could! I can't imagine ever being disappointed at WDW! It is without a doubt my favorite place on the planet! :mickey:

Mickey91
03-29-2008, 09:26 PM
The first time I went I was 2. All I could think about on the way the 2nd time(age 6) was seeing the castle, and the parade and riding Dumbo, It's a Small World and the Carousel. The 3rd time (age 8), I was excited about those things plus the electrical parade! The next time was a band trip! I was 15 and rode Space Mountain and all of the above plus a bunch more. It was awesome because I got to share my previous memories with friends and I was there without my parents! Anyway, to make a long story short, I have since made another 14 trips and every one of them has been just a little bit more magical. We now have different things to look forward to because we feel we have time to explore and try new things since we KNOW we can't go more than a year before coming back. MK is always the first park and I still ride the fairyboat over the first day so I can see the castle come into view and have that first feeling of awe! I jump up and down and tell DH, about a hundred times, "I can't believe we're really here!" Then, when we see Mickey Mouse, I almost cry I am so awed and thrilled!!!!

So, my answer is No, you have no worries! It will be true magic. The only thing different is the magic will begin as soon as the plane touches down or when you turn onto I-4 and start seeing billboards telling you about the different things at WDW. My magic now starts when I plan. Every time I sit down and add something new, like a confirmation # or a new idea, I can see the Castle and project where I will be etc. So stop worrying and keep being excited! I guarantee it will be even better than you remember!:mickey:

jeddalynn
03-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks everyone.

I showed your posts to DH and he just beamed.

He's going through a rough patch at work (going to be wrapping up his job soon and we're not sure what he'll be doing next) and our Disney trip is something, I find, that keeps him motivated :mickey:

Thanks for holding onto the magic for us :balloon:

TheRustyScupper
03-30-2008, 01:03 PM
1) Usually the first time visit to WDW is a blowout.
2) it is just so unexpected!
3) Subsequent visits do take the bloom off the rose.
4) But, it still remains a rose among amusement parks.
5) And, a rose by any other name . . .

DREAMADREAM93
03-30-2008, 01:08 PM
In the last fourteen years, i have been to Disney probably about 20 times. & it gets better everytime! Becuase the first time you go, it's AMAZING, and you get that feeling that everyone experiences for the first time. But everytime you go back, the feeling comes with it! & on top of that, you probably missed alot in the first trip so everytime you go again, there's even more to do, plus the things you already know you love! there's no way to be "completely disappointed!"