PDA

View Full Version : Book package or resort only?

quest4dl
03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I've been research hotel rates and noticed a rate difference with room only and packages with tickets.

The lowest rate I was able to find for a GC standard view was room only AAA rate via central reservations. For about $217 more, if I book it as a package, I get the extra perks like preferred seating, early entry etc. I don't care about lanyards, parking (won't have a car), toontown early entry, souvenir coin. Is it worth the extra money to get the preferred seating and magic mornings?

cora
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I've been research hotel rates and noticed a rate difference with room only and packages with tickets.

The lowest rate I was able to find for a GC standard view was room only AAA rate via central reservations. For about $217 more, if I book it as a package, I get the extra perks like preferred seating, early entry etc. I don't care about lanyards, parking (won't have a car), toontown early entry, souvenir coin. Is it worth the extra money to get the preferred seating and magic mornings?

Hi quest4dl:

Please check out your earlier post in "Vacation Planning" titled "Confused about EE".

In the past, just staying at a Disney hotel gave you the EE privilege every day that it was offered. Apparently, it is changing now. We were just there mid-March & had no problem going to multiple EEs.

As far as Preferred Seating...It is only for:
Aladdin
MuppetVision 3D
It's Tough to be a Bug
Golden Dreams in a Golden State

Some of us used it for Aladdin & sat in about the 3-5th row, center. You still have to go to the show early tho, as they will close it (preferred seating). (I went to get my husband (who had gone to get FastPasses), & when I got back, we weren't able to join our group for preferred seating.). We sat in the side section, maybe 5-7 rows back from the large aisle separating the "Orchestra" seats from the rest of the "lower level" seats. They were not bad seats.

It seems they just save the best rows/seats for Preferred Seating (PS) people. I think "Tough to be a Bug" PS was in the 5th row (we didn't take that, cuz it would've been too intense for our son). I think for MuppetVison 3D, it was also about the 5-8th row.

I think the only PS ticket where it really made a difference was Aladdin. Other than that, Muppet & Bug's Life were not too too crowded, & even if you didn't have PS, you could hear the CastMember telling PS people where to sit & just sit 1 row back, & get the same experience. I don't think it makes too much difference.

I also like the Toontown Morning Madness, & that's something you can only get with a package. Toontown is not crowded, you can ride the Gadget's Go Coaster without a wait (my son & his Grandpa rode it 5-6x in a row!), there's a little Opening ceremony, & if you're into Character pictures/autographs, there's a lot of characters available. We also took a lot of pictures in the funny cars, with the Toontown sign on the hill, etc. But maybe it's more of a kid thing.

I guess it may also depend on WHEN you are going. According to the "Confused about EE" thread you posted & others answered:

"For a limited time (I don't know of the specific details in how long this may or may not be offered as it may be up to the hotel's discretion)- depending on when you made your reservation (if it was clearly prior to the policy change), Disney understands that the Magic Mornings perk may have been quoted to you, so upon check-in you can request with the CM at check-in for a Magic Morning pass which will allow you to take advantage of the Magic Morning offerings during your stay (1 pass per registered hotel guest)."--by Mufasa

I would not pay extra for Preferred Seating, but I WOULD pay extra for EE. Someone mentioned that you can line up for the Nemo ride, but that's not true. The NEMO ride is RUNNING during EE, if that's important to you.

--cora

quest4dl
04-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the response! Apparently the official word on early entry is on-site guests still get all early entries. I have currently booked hotel only and added on tickets which I don't have to pay for until I arrive.

joyce
05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
hi, i thought you could enter any day the park was open also, but just this weekend i found out you get one ee. we are staying at the DLH arriving 7/5 for 6 nights and thought we'd be able to ee 2 or 3 times?? any thoughts. oh and one other extra with staying on property is any shopping you do you can have it sent to your room and not carry it around all day. this i love!!!:mickey:

disneydeans
05-05-2008, 07:17 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney about our DLH reservations for 5/29-6/3. I asked the rep about the Magic Mornings (or Early Entry). She told me that EE is available to hotel guests if theres availability. She said this is at Disneys discretion and is usally available during less busy times (we are going during value season-so more than likely we will be able to). Hope this helps.
On a side note~ seems for what we are shelling out per night, it ought to be available first and foremost to Disney Hotel guests!

disneydeans
24 days til we are "Walking right down the middle of Main Street USA"! The kids are getting soooo excited!

joyce
05-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree with you wholeheartly, as a disney guest we should be first in. i just read that someone is staying at a hotel close for 99/day with 2 free when you book 3. now i'm wondering about the mega $$$ we're paying for our 6 night package. it certaining should have lots of bene's over AP, or other guests.:mad:

NotaGeek
05-06-2008, 10:58 PM
I am not sure I agree with you guys. We are talking about 3 hotels in the area vs. hundreds of hotel options off property -- and EVERYONE is a guest by Disney standards (it's not the same as the truly submersive culture at WDW).

If you book your entire vacation through Disney Travel it does make sense that you would get more benefits, but IMO just staying at the hotel doesn't make anyone more special ... and to be honest, if you staying at the hotel and didn't buy your whole package through Disney that doesn't mean they are going to make any more money off of you ... this while Early Entry thing has gotten way out of hand if you ask me.