PDA

View Full Version : One Bedroom Villas....

DizneyFreak2002
03-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Are the sleeper sofas in the one bedroom villas comfortable????

Ed
03-29-2008, 05:05 PM
They're not terrible, but I'd recommend asking the front desk to send you an "eggcrate" pad to soften it a bit. And if you're taller than 6'0" get used to the idea of your feet overhanging the bottom.

goofy4mickey
03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I've heard from our son (6'4" 17 yo) and a friend of mine (my age!) that they are WAY better than normal sleeper sofas - both of them said they were fairly comfy, a little hard but at least no bar that hits you all night.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-29-2008, 10:21 PM
My kids said they were very comfy. Of course, after spending all day in the parks they would think the floor was too. :D

Joking aside, my friend slept on the pullout in our one bedroom at BWV and she said she was surprised at how comfy the pull out was.

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2008, 10:39 PM
DVC has converted to the newer, better sleeper sofas.

I'm not sure if it's at all resorts - and in fact, I can't remember which resorts they're at - but from what I do recall from recent visits, the sofa isn't "pulled up" from the couch, as much as it's pulled down from the couch.

Older sleeper sofas required you to pull off the couch cusions and pull the sleeper sofa UP from the couch. These newer things just require you to pull the back of the couch forward from the top - I know it sounds weird, but it's quite easy, and makes for a more comfortable mattress.

So far, my kids use the sleeper sofas, and so far, no complaints! :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks everyone... I asked because I am using my DVC for the first time in October, and I have a one bedroom villa... I was planning on taking the bedroom, since, after all, it is MY DVC... LoL... And I was going to stick my friend on the pull out... so I wanted to make sure they were comfortable... Am I too cruel??? LOL...

sillyolbear
04-02-2008, 08:27 AM
They aren't like sleeping in a conventional bed, but a much better experience than the traditional sofa bed.

And no you're not cruel. I stuck my in-laws on one in December and my parents will be making one home in three weeks.

Disdude
04-12-2008, 04:17 AM
At Saratoga Springs, I find the pullout to be far more comfortable than the bed in the bedroom. At some point during our stay, I usually switch to the living room because I find the beds Disney uses to be way too stiff. I end up with some wicked back problems when I stay there.