PDA

View Full Version : Countdown Packages!

wdwcarrie
03-29-2008, 12:54 PM
A few months ago I posted here asking for ideas for "countdown surprises" that DH & I could send to our best friends. The four of us (two couples) are headed to WDW in June, and while DH & I have been there several times in the last few years, this is their first trip since they were kids. To help build excitement for the trip, we wanted to prepare little Disney packages for the milestone "days left" numbers (100 days to go, 75 days to go...).

Intercotees came through and we got some great ideas, and all the packages turned out really well, so I thought I would share the ideas. We got some stuff at Disney stores, some through eBay, others ordered from Disney.

This is what we came up with...

300 Days: A CD of WDW music
250: The Disney planning DVD
200: Postcards with a Mickey pen
150: Autograph book
100: A WDW pin for each of them
75: Envelopes & stickers to leave tips for Mousekeeping
50: Disney mugs (from eBay)
25: A Disney picture frame (with a drawing of us in it)
15: A tote bag (with Disney patches) full of Disney snacks for the plane
10: Customized maps from WDW
5: Mickey t-shirts (purchased on clearance from the Disney Store)

We had so much fun doing this; they've loved the surprises so far and I can't wait for some of the best ones that are yet to come!

THANKS INTERCOT!

Goofeygal
03-29-2008, 01:09 PM
How about THe Official Burnbaums book on disney I love that one.

pink
03-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Wow, that must be so exciting for them! I'm going on a trip with my DBF this September and it is his first time. I already sent him to personalized maps and planning DVD and now I'm just waiting for him to get it! It's very exciting. :mickey:

John
03-29-2008, 07:51 PM
You are forgetting the most important item - STUFF FROM THE INTERCOT STORE :)

LOL!