PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Cabin Loop

missbrookwood
03-29-2008, 11:16 AM
I hope I dont get in trouble for posting this in two places but I was wondering if anyone knew which cabin loop would be the best to stay in. Which ones are close to main pool, other pool, etc. DH, DS, and I leave in 6 days. We are so ready. :joy: Thanks for any sugestions.

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 12:32 PM
On the resort propert map ,it looks to me that the 2500 loop is most central to the bus sto and pool. We stayed in the 2100 loop (I think) it was about 18 years ago and it was too far from everything

SFTrny
03-31-2008, 07:33 AM
We have stayed at Fort Wilderness twice and rented a golf cart each time. We are headed back again this year and thought about staying at another resort, but the kids insisted on Ft. W because of the fun we've had getting around on the cart. If you do get a golf cart, try loop 2700. It is heavily wooded and not far from pool and laundry. And you can't beat breakfast in the cabin, followed by an early morning golf cart outing to the marina to catch the boat to the monorail to the MK! Watching the parks and hotels emerge from the early morning mist on the lake is definitely magical. We'd already had an adventure and hadn't even entered the park yet!

Lizzie
03-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Do you know the cost on the rental of the golf cart?

1DisneyNut
03-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Ooooops, accidentally double posted.

1DisneyNut
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Golf carts are about $35 or $40 a night best I remember. You can find out for sure and reserve one by calling the bike barn at 407-824-2742. If you may want one you better reserve it as far in advance as possible as they usually all get reserved. If you have a golf cart it doesn't really matter which loop you get.

SFTrny
03-31-2008, 06:08 PM
I believe that the golf carts rent for $47 a day...but they get reserved early, so you want to call the Bike Barn to reserve one well in advance. The Bike Barn's phone number is 407-824-2742. On arrival, you can usually pick it up anytime after 1:00 and the Bike Barn closes at 6:00pm. You need to return it no later than 11:00 on your day of departure (or return if you aren't keeping it for your whole stay). The $47 a day can add up...but we love Ft. Wilderness because we can save money by cooking our own breakfast in the room each morning. We also have dinners in the cabin as well. We leave the parks around 3 or 4 when they get crowded...have dinner and relax at the cabin for awhile...and then head back out at night. The cost of making your own meals vs. buying in the parks more than makes up for the cost of the golf cart. Also - if you are renting a golf cart at Ft. Wilderness during ANY holiday (especially 4th of July) be prepared. Everyone decorates their carts for the holiday! Some of them rival parade floats!

Lizzie
03-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the price. We don't have a trip booked right now. I am trying to figure out options and budget for our next trip.