PDA

View Full Version : POP breakfast desserts & Whispering Canyon Cafe stories?

iammrsnesbitt
03-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi Everybody! We just made our ADR's for the end of June, so I am starting to get so so so excited!! I have lurked on this site for years, but have just started posting. Yay!

Two things that maybe you can help me with - With the dining plan, if you get a counter service breakfast at POP (or All Stars, I imagine they are the same) what are the dessert items that can be included? We usually don't get breakfast on the plan, but this year we probably will

Second - we will be going to the Whispering Canyon Cafe for the first time this year. My husband is so excited about that All you care to "Enjoy" skillet!! Can you guys share anything about your experiences (crazy cast member antic stories, etc) there that will get us excited?

Thanks!!!

PSU
03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi there!

I don't know about the dining plan or POP, but I have dined at Whispering Canyon a few times. It's really good. The food's good if you like that rustic old west type of fare. As for crazy antics, it's been toned down some since it first opened. I heard people thought it was too loud or something. But, they still have things like horse races - where kids race around on stick horses. Thre's still a lot of hooting and hollering. Of course, a lot depends on who you get as a server...they make or break an experience. My favorite from a while ago was a guy who went by the name of Buckwheat. Good ol' Buckwheat was the loudest, funniest guy around. I don't know if he's still there, but he did some crazy things. How can you not with a name like Buckwehat? :)
I'm sure you guys will have an awesome time there!

PSU

missbrookwood
03-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I agree that they have toned it down some. It used to be so much fun to eat there. We even ate there twice in one week back in 2001 because we enjoyed it so much. They made funny remarks to everyone, they threw straws in the air, they made special name tags for us, and by all means dont ask for ketchup!!!! When we took my parents back in 2006, it was not near as funny. We were disspointed. Why cant people just relax and enjoy the experience and not complain. People need to just loosen up.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-29-2008, 12:44 PM
When you get breakfast counter service on the dining plan, you get an entree and and a juice. You do not get a dessert when you get breakfast.

WishingStar2006
03-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Regarding Breakfast Counter Service - you do not get "dessert" for breakfast...we tried that and were told no. You are better off, $$$ wise, using the counter service for lunch or dinner and go out of pocket or use a snack credit for breakfast.

Whispering Canyon is great, as said before, if you like this type of food.

It can still get very loud if you sit near the front of the restaurant so be mindful of that.

Also, the amount of fun you have is truly based on what type of server you get. At the check in podium just request a server who "engages" their patrons...that would work.

Have a great time!

iammrsnesbitt
03-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks so much for your answers! Making a request for a good waitperson at check in sounds like a good idea!

Bummer about there being no "dessert" at breakfast. I guess I was thinking about when we went, right after the plan first came out, and every single place had a different policy about stuff like that. I was hoping for a yogurt or something. We are going to Sea World and Aquatica and we won't be around for lunch those days. Oh well!

Thanks again!