PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World College Program

nicholasg
03-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi, I am a high school senior, and will be attending Marquette University next year, among the schools that offer the Walt Disney World College Program. I am debating whether it is worth it, as a longtime Disney fan. Can any current or former Walt Disney World College Program participants give a quick synopsis and opinion of the quality of the program?

Goofeygal
03-29-2008, 12:28 PM
My son is finishing up his first year of college and has decided he would like to do this program so we are actually going in to talk to his counseler on monday. This is the best thing I believe to do. I believe you should do the same thing.

goofyfan4466
03-29-2008, 01:08 PM
i have a couple of questions.
1- how do you find out about this program ?
2- when you graduate,where can you work ?
i have twin 12 yo. who turn 13 in may.i know this is a little early, but i'm trying to find any & all info.about colleges and work programs. thanks for all info.

pink
03-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I would also like to know how to find more information about this. I'm going into my second year of college this fall and I would love to be apart of the program. Thanks! :mickey:

DizneyRox
03-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I would also like to know how to find more information about this. I'm going into my second year of college this fall and I would love to be apart of the program. Thanks! :mickey:
The requirements for getting in are slightly higher than a regular employee.

In addition to the SSN and heartbeat, you also need to be attending college.

The jobs are basically your front line CM positions, at least for the first go though. Having been through the college program does not really grant you any influence on a job after college. Like most internships, the benefit to the company is cheap labor, they rely on that to fill a lot of positions. Don't count on your internship to extend into a full time position.

When you are done with college you will need to apply for a new job just like everyone else. It may help you land a job at that point, but the posting will be deternimed by the current need for jobs.

Second year through the program, I've heard of some people doing some "cool" stuff, but you may find that once is enough.

pink
03-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Thank you Disneyrox- that was quick!

I'm not looking for work there full-time I just wanted to go for the fun experience of working at Disney for a semester. I'm going to ask my school about it. Thanks again. :mickey:

joanna71985
03-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi, I am a high school senior, and will be attending Marquette University next year, among the schools that offer the Walt Disney World College Program. I am debating whether it is worth it, as a longtime Disney fan. Can any current or former Walt Disney World College Program participants give a quick synopsis and opinion of the quality of the program?

It is definitely worth it. I will be doing my 4th CP in May. I think it is a great experience. You learn a lot. There are 3 parts to the College Pogram- living, learning, and earning. There are apartments and transportation provided. There are many classes to take, if you want (I recommend it). And there are a lot of roles to choose from.

i have a couple of questions.
1- how do you find out about this program ?
2- when you graduate,where can you work ?
i have twin 12 yo. who turn 13 in may.i know this is a little early, but i'm trying to find any & all info.about colleges and work programs. thanks for all info.

You can find more info at www.wdwcollegeprogram.com. There is a complete list of roles and schools that have presentations here.

I can help answer any questions you have. I have done it 3 times, and am a campus rep at my school. There is also a lot of info at the website above.

BronxTigger
03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
To the previous posters who are currently in college and considering doing this: GO FOR IT!

I did not know about this program while I was in college, or I totally would have gone for it. My friend just did the CP in Fall 2007. I am eligible to do the CP program now, because I'm in school for my masters, but I don't have the freedom to just move around like I did during college.

Do the program now while you can, before you get a job and a family and get tied down.