PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service

Mrs Bus Driver
03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
I see a lot of threads for table service, I was just wondering any counter service places I shouldn't miss?:mickey:

Natazu
03-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Jym's Top-7 Do Not Miss Counter Service:
Counter Service
7. Backlot Express
6. Cosmic Ray’s
5. Starring Rolls
4. Cantina de San Angel
3. Earl of Sandwich
2. Cookes of Dublin
1. Tangierine Café

KineGirl
03-29-2008, 10:08 AM
LOL I totally agree with Natazu about NOT missing Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco @ Epcot!! IMO some of the best food on all property! In fact I agree with his whole list! :thumbsup: I would also like to add

Flame Tree BBQ in AK - the rotisserie chix is TOO yummy
&

You have to have at least one turkey leg SOMEWHERE

Goofeygal
03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Mine are

MK-Pecos Bills or Casey's corner
Epcot-Tangerine Cafe
DS-Backlot Express
AK-Flame Tree BBQ

PEA_Swe
03-29-2008, 10:20 AM
MK - Pecos Bills
DS - Backlot Express
AK - Pizzafari
Epcot - Electric Umbrella and Cantina de San Angel

KineGirl
03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
I forgot to add that I would also recommend for snacks getting a Dole Whip in MK, a churro from one of the many stands, a smoothie from Aunties Gravitys in MK, and a pastry from Fountain View Cafe in Epcot

Jared
03-29-2008, 10:36 AM
My family never misses Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom and Sunshine Season Food Fair in Epcot. Another one you may like that Jym didn't mention is Flame Tree Barbeque in the Animal Kingdom.

:tasty:

iammrsnesbitt
03-29-2008, 11:11 AM
I agree with everything that Jared said above (those are our favorites!) and also add the Yorkshire County fish shop in England. Same fish as in the Rose and Crown inside, but cheaper!

Jonas_Swe
03-29-2008, 11:22 AM
MK - Pecos Bills
DS - Backlot Express
AK - Pizzafari
Epcot - Electric Umbrella and Cantina de San Angel

Oh yes, i totally agree with your list PEA! :thumbsup:

One cool thing is that both Pecos Bills and Electric Umbrella have fixing bars for your burger menue. :woohoo:

Another good place to quickly pick up some great snacks and enjoy them with a stunning view is Cantina de San Angel in Mexico! :sombrero:

Genie1953
03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
I absolutely love Flame Tree Barbecue and Columbia Harbour House...these are two that just can't be missed. Anytime I hear that someone is heading to WDW I make sure they know about these two places.

:mickey: :thumbsup: :mickey:

Disneyfun
03-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I agree with most of what has been posted above - the most notable exception is Tangierine Cafe - :sick: but I'm pretty picky too.

One great counter service that has not been mentioned is Yakatori House in Japan - the Shogun Combo is spectacular!!

Also, the food court at POP! Century is pretty darn good, albeit, not in the parks!

bruin1344
03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
MK - Pecos Bill, Columbia House (i think thats the name, its across from Haunted Mansion)
DTD - Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express
Epcot - Mexico, China, Morrocco (pretty much like every countries cs)

Natazu
03-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I almost forgot. A few months ago, we did a poll to see everyone's favorite counter service restaurants. Here are the results of that poll:
7. Casey’s (17 votes)
6. Earl of Sandwich (18 votes)
5. Sunshine Seasons (21 votes)
4. Columbia Harbor House (21 votes)
3. Pecos Bills (23 votes)
2. Flame Tree BBQ (23 votes)
1. Cosmic Ray's (25 votes)

A couple of people mentioned Flame Tree and as you can see, it's rated high here on INTERCOT. I agree that it's a great counter service spot. It's almost always what we have at Animal Kingdom.

Mickey91
03-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Cosmic Rays. You Gotta love Sonny Eclipse!!

Mrs Bus Driver
03-30-2008, 08:22 AM
:mickey: Yum they all sound good :eat:. Just one more question is Cookies of Dublin in EPOCT? Thanks:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Casey's Corner, Pecos Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, Electric Umbrella and Flame Tree BBQ :tasty:

ElenitaB
03-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Here's another shout out for Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD: a wide variety of consistently high-quality food (for example, their soups are the same that are served over at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe but the cost is considerably less).

As for Tangierine Cafe, in my opinion, it's much better than its table service brother. And the portions are very generous and definitely can be shared.

Vintage Disney
03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Pecos Bill
Cosmic Ray's -- Good variety. We like to get a seat by the window and people watch. Wish I was there right now. :mickey:
Pinocchio Village Haus

DREAMADREAM93
03-30-2008, 12:42 PM
There are a few that me and my dad never miss when we go to disney:*- Flame Tree BBQ*- Casey's Corner*- & DOLEWHIPS are counter service!but others i really like are Wolfgang Punk's and Earl of Sandwhich.yummmm.

applecore72
03-31-2008, 09:12 AM
I would recommend Sunshine Season Food Fair at The Land. They have many interesting and delicious CS meals.

loopner67
03-31-2008, 10:00 AM
We love Columbia Harbour House in MK - even when it's busy in the park, we can find a seat in this place. We also like Cosmic Ray's if we're on the other side of MK.

I'll also throw in another vote for the Flame Tree BBq in AK.

joanna71985
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM
My favorites are:
MK- Casey's, and also Pinocchio's
MGM- Al's Toy Barn
Epcot- Sunshine Seasons (BEST cheesecake) and Liberty Inn
AK- not sure, since Tusker House closed
DTD- Earl of Sandwich

Disneyfun
04-04-2008, 09:49 AM
I just remembered the polls that I did a while back on everyone's favorite CS locations in the different parks. Here are the links:
MK: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107042
EPCOT: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=108662
HS: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110842

Hope this helps!

moe513
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Flame tree and Columbia Harbor are good. Earl of Sandwich looks great but havent tried it yet.

lightyearfan
04-04-2008, 11:43 AM
here go some of our favs:
Mk- Columbia Harbor House
El Pirato(across from Pirates)

Epcot- Electric Umbrella

Ak- Flame Tree
Pizzafarai

DHS- Toy Story Pizza Planet(gets knocked but we like it)

Victor

kimommy63
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
My DH was just talking about Flame Tree BBQ yesterday and saying he was looking forward to the rib lunch again! And I've never been disappointed in anything I've ordered at Sunshine Seasons, including the california rolls!
:D

JerseyDad
04-06-2008, 10:56 AM
....Cosmic Ray's always comes to mind when the topic of counter service eateries is discussed. There is a great food item selection there...and I like 'em all!

...if one counter service place was to stand out above all the rest...and my 12 yr old daughter was casting her vote....she's pick Cosmic Ray's for a very un-likely reason....its Chicken Soup!! It really is top notch (I sneaked a taste when she went to the ladies room)...and she's a "chicken soup expert"

pdrlkr
04-06-2008, 11:13 AM
We never miss Cosmic Ray’s! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-06-2008, 08:30 PM
My top 5 must do counter services are:

Cosmic Ray's
Colombia Harbor House
China
Backlot Express
Flame Tree

Magic Smiles
05-21-2008, 09:06 PM
IOne great counter service that has not been mentioned is Yakatori House in Japan - the Shogun Combo is spectacular!!

I have to comment on this counter service. It was the most disgusting food we have ever been served in our entire lives!
Unless Japan has 2 different counter service restaurants, the menu shown on the Info Central tab is not the same as what was offered to us. I ordered Tonosama Combination - teriyaki chicken thigh, sukiyaki beef, mixed vegetable tempura with shrimp and steamed rice $7.49 What was suppose to beef should have been named fat sukiyaki as there was next to no beef amongst the pile of fat. The mixed vegetable tempura with shrimp was almost raw and horrible. With drinks this $40 meal for three pretty much ended up in the garbage.

brownie
05-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Backlot Express (Disney Hollywood Studios)
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Magic Kingdom)
Pecos Bill's (Magic Kingdom)

Septbride2002
05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
If I even think about planning a trip that does not include a stop at Casey's for hot dogs - my husband would leave me.:mickey: We love the hotdogs at Casey's and we think it is a great spot to watch the fireworks over the castle.

For AK - we like Flametree BBQ - we've never eaten anywhere else. I love the pulled pork sandwich. YUM.

In Epcot - you can't go wrong with counter service. Our favorite is the Fish and Chips in England - although I recently discovered the bratwurst over in Germany.

For my favorite counterservice check out my homepage.

~Amanda

avantgardeinker
05-23-2008, 12:21 PM
If you're at Downtown Disney, go for Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace. The pizzas are really good and the salads were huge and looked amazing. After I saw them I almost wished I had gotten one of those instead of the margherita pizza I got.

:mickey:

elmjimmlm
05-23-2008, 01:59 PM
My top picks are
Pizzafari AK
Sunshine Seasons Epcot
Earl of Sandwich DtD