PDA

View Full Version : Cool tip from the Mom's Panel I saw on DisneyLink.

caryrae
03-29-2008, 09:38 AM
This tip is for people who drive themselves to to the parks.
Some people probably do this but it never entered my mind before. To help remember where you parked in the massive parking lot, they said take your camera phone or digital camera and take a picture of the sign for the section you are parked in. I like to drive while at WDW and so far I haven't forgot where the car was. There have been times I get in the right area but can't remember how far down the car was, thank god for the Panic Button on the key chain remote.

John
03-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Have been doing that since cell phone cameras were invented. Now, I usually just type a note to myself on my pda but the same idea. :D

caryrae
03-29-2008, 10:20 AM
It was one of those "duh why didn't I think of that" moments.

TheMartellFamily
03-29-2008, 10:20 AM
We learned this on these boards and we use this when we are at the airport or if we are in a parking garage and have to remember which floor. It really works.

Ms.Disney
03-29-2008, 10:57 AM
My husband always types himself as message on the PDA, but taking a picture is a great idea as well.

princessjojo
03-29-2008, 11:19 AM
When we are in large areas that we're unfamiliar with, we do this with our kids as well in case they get lost. We take a pic before we leave that morning so we know what they're wearing and exactly how they left that day. When you're frantic, the small details are really hard to remember.

pink
03-29-2008, 01:27 PM
That's a great idea- it's a lot better than repeating it to yourself over and over again when you know by the end of the day you're just going to forget it anyways. :thumbsup:

:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-29-2008, 02:25 PM
how sad is this? I just tell my 3 year old: "we are in Pluto 13" (I dunno if the number/character is right...just for illustration purposes). She will say it back to me... then I ask her on the tram where we were parked, and she will tell me, "mommy, we're in Pluto 13".......... she has the sickest memory ever. We learned this on accident one day when I was like, oh crud, where did we park and I said it out loud and she answered me with what I had told her at the beginning of the day just saying out loud where we were to her for the heck of it... Maybe I should just take a picture from now on...lol

brownie
03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Taking that picture works great.

Piglet822
03-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I've never thought to do this in the parking lot but I do it in the shops. If I see something I like I take a picture of the SKU number. This way I can refer back to it if I need to - I know there are lots of times where folks are undecided about purchasing something and this is perfect information to have should you decide later to order it from Merchandising.

dismommy
03-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Also take a picture (with number visible) of your photo pass card in case you lose it. If you're still at the parks they can transfer the pictures to a new card, if your already home you still have the number and just have to retrieve the pictures.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Honestly, I drop the section all together (the character, animal, state of mind or entertainment type).

At each park, there will be only one row with the number you're in. So if you're in MK at Pluto 13, just remember 13.

Or so that's how I do it.

Natazu
03-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Have been doing that since cell phone cameras were invented. Now, I usually just type a note to myself on my pda but the same idea. :D
Mental note: hack into John's pda and sub old parking notes during next meet.

TheRustyScupper
03-30-2008, 11:20 AM
1) I just let Mrs Rusty remember.
2) She is seldom wrong.
3) After all, she remembers things I've done 15-yrs ago.
4) And brings them up frequently.

MaxPower
03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
The easy part is remembering what row you're in. The hard part is remembering the number of car spaces between where your row number is painted on the ground and where you are actually parked. Those Disney parking rows are LONG. Upon arriving, I always note my row number AND count off spaces on my way to the tram and put that number in my cell phone.

kbean
03-31-2008, 07:20 PM
The panic button!!! I used that button at disney to find my car once. And my horn hasn't work since because I blew it out. Oops

mudpuppysmom
04-01-2008, 09:07 AM
1) I just let Mrs Rusty remember.
2) She is seldom wrong.
3) After all, she remembers things I've done 15-yrs ago.
4) And brings them up frequently.

That's just good policy.......

DH didn't believe me on a trip to MK when we "lost" our car.....I kept telling him where it was, but lo and behold he flagged down a security van and said we had lost the car......they asked what time we got there and came back with the EXACT row we were in based on the time we got there (I thought that was really impressive)......NOW, DH takes a pic of DS AND the row we are in before we board the tram.

DS and I usually can remember at least the section we are in and also the row, but sometimes we do "forget" the exact location of the car.....however we leave the parks at a time when we can usually spot our car and walk to it easily (there aren't many cars left by that time).

katzctkpt
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM
A lot of neat things to remember. Never really thought about taking a pic with the camera phone.
Thanks...

DisneyDog
04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Something else to consider -- we always take a photo of our child before we leave the room for the day. That way we have a very current photo of him, in the clothes that he's wearing that day. Heaven forbid something happens and he gets lost, we have a photo to remind us exactly what he was wearing. Something you could do on a regular basis, and not just at WDW...you could do it before going to the mall or the supermarket for peace of mind.

caryrae
04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
A lot of good reason to take pictures of things and people to help remember while on vacation. I like the one about taking pictures of your kids incase they get lost, great idea!