PDA

View Full Version : Magical Moments at WDW

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Last year we got to participate in a couple of Magical Moments. One time we were recruited to help a little girl (princess) have a Magical Moment at the Emporium. The CM had us stand back & gave us glitter. Then he picked a cute little girl (she was about 4), gave her a wand and told her he needed her help. He told her the story of Cinderella and how she needed a dress for the ball. He was holding and had her tap one of those Cinderella flip dolls .. we threw the "pixie dust". Of course she loved it! They gave her the doll and the Magical Moment Certificate.

The second time we were at Space Mtn Arcade and a CM asked us to participate in a Magical Moment by having a free race on those driving games. Me and my DD jumped on it! I was first the whole race until literally the very last second! The guy who won was the only one who got a certificate but thats ok.

It was so fun in both scenarios and Im always saying I like to see someone win with the Dream Team or have a Magical Moment as much as Id like to get them myself! Sharing the magic is an awesome feeling! Its just SO Disney!! :mickey:

Does anyone else have any Magical Moments to share?

joanna71985
03-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a few.:)
1) I was pulled to participate in the Woody's Cowboy Camp show in Frontierland, as a cactus. It was too funny.

2) I got picked to dance in the Frontierland Hoedown on my birthday. It was awsome. And my dance partner was the nicest guy ever.

3) Last summer, I was picked as an extra for the Indiana Jones show on my birthday. It was awsome! Probably my best birthday ever.

PEA_Swe
03-28-2008, 08:24 PM
One of my most magical moments was when we were sitting on Main Street Square waiting for SpectroMagic. One CM noticed that there were some kinds there that grew quite impatient. The Cm sat down among the kids and started telling stories. She didn't get just the attention of the kids - everyone was listening. The air was full of pixie dust...
The situation was very spontaneous and it is for me a true symbol of the whole idea behind the Disney parks. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Magical Moments is what makes Disney special...and well, Disney.

We went to WDW for our honeymoon, and the two that stand out for me are:

#1) the Voices of Liberty singing to us...wow!

#2) the Beatles band in the UK making us get up and dance, while they sang. They even got another guest to take pictures for us.

Then, we went back to WDW for our anniversary, and DD got a couple of her own:

#3) she was dancing her heart out while we watched Off Kilter, and they called her out, had everyone clap for her, sang a special song for her to dance to...and they let her up on stage for a picture.

These aren't big things, but they made us feel really special, and make awesome memories.

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Aww those are all great! and def what makes Disney so well .... DISNEY! We've had a few of our own as well
-the spontaneous parade thrown at OKW Olivias in honor of my DD Bday :drum:
-DD being chosen by Andy Mation (the balloon twister in front of Art of Disney @ DHS). He made her the coolest Pluto! :balloon:
-getting engaged and then receiving MNSSHP tix as a present from WDW when my now hubby proposed at Cinderellas Royal Table :cloud9:
- my art loving DD having a deep & meaningful conversation with David Rippberger (animator) at age 9 and then him remembering her every time we've seen him since :magic:
-one time my uncle was standing behind an unmanned cart at Town Sq and got mistaken for a CM . He took it all in stride -some guests came up with a TON of park questions (luckily for them, hes a WDW vet & was able to answer them all) which led to other guests trying to buy a soda from him. He helped the first guests but when he told the other guest why he couldnt help them the first guests were like "Oh! you dont work here ?! " LOL ... priceless. We all got a big laugh :funny:

Those are just a few. It seems there is always something memorable each trip whether a CM is involved or not. But did ya'll know there are certifiable Magical Moments? They (CMs) actually give you a certificate to let you know you had one LOL IDK if they are still doing it but it was going on last year.

I love these stories.. keep em coming!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Hehe, I love the Fairy Godmother in Training at the Emporium, although we do it significantly different now. I'm one of the four main people who do it there, so if you ever see me in the afternoon or evening there, mention Intercot and I might just choose your child to help!

I mean, no, I would never place a personal bias for my Intercot family. :blush:

I could share so many stories that I've had from families who I've done this for. One we did recently that wasn't an official MM, but was still cool was to make a little boy an honorary CM since he was sooooo nice and was helping us straighten all the plush. We gave him a certificate, Pixie Dust pins and a gift from his favorite characters, Chip and Dale! He loved it, and I loved doing it.

Mickey91
03-29-2008, 12:16 AM
We have had several magical moments. Not necessarily certifiable, but they made our day anyway!

1. Our DS was asked to dance with a butterfly in the tapestry of Nations parade in 2000 on his 6th birthday.

2. DS was also chosen to play Gaston at Belle's Garden

3. DD and I had tea with Aurora and Rose Petal last year and Aurora remembered her and called her by name later in the week. Told DD thank you for leading her parade. That absolutely made DD's day!

4. For DD's 6th birthday, we stayed at the Poly and when we returned that evening after a very full day, we walked into the room and were met with a wonderful sight of balloons, a cake, confetti, autographed character pictures, and party hats and blowers from the resort staff! It was so awesome!!

5. Dec. '06 our family was picked to "open" the LTT. We got to ring the bell and had a photo session with all the LTT characters! It was awesome!!!:mickey:

Young@Heart
03-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Our stories aren't ours magical as some, but they mean a lot to us.

When we were at the Disney Store in NYC, DD was given a pin and a certificate from a CM. DD had just been on Good Morning America as a reigning pageant princess, and she still had her crown on. The CM announed throughtout the store that they had a Princess visiting them today. She made a big deal out of my DD the whole time we were there. It was so much fun!

Then, on our last trip to WDW in 2006, we went straight from checking in to MK. We caught the Share a Dream Come True Parade right after we arrived. Well, when Wendy saw my DD, she came right over to us! My DD has bright red hair, and Wendy touched it and said it looked just like Peter's.:peter: We got this moment on video, and DD loves to watch it. :cloud9:

PrincessASquared
03-29-2008, 09:23 AM
My DD (6) and I were waiting in the line for Soarin. A Dream team member (Elton) was in our line as well. When we boarded the ride, Elton sat next to my DD. Just before we flew over the golf course He told her to pay close attention. As the ball flew at us he reached up as if to grab the ball. When we were exiting the ride he stopped my daughter and handed her a golf ball with a hidden mickey on it. She was thrilled. He told her that this was her magical moment and she should always follow her dreams. It was truly a magical moment and one we will never forget. Thank you Elton!:thumbsup:

TheMartellFamily
03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
My kids pin trade with CM when we are at WDW and they wanted to trade with the bus driver that moring going to MGM (at that time.) The bus driver on the way got on the microphone and said "to those kids who pin traded with me come see me after everyone is off the bus" Here we thought the worst we thought the kids were going to be scolded for talking to him while the bus was loading. To our suprize he told them this is your magical day. They got bus trading cards and got a slip stating they were honorary bus driver for the day through out WDW. They were in 7th heaven since they were told they had a job at WDW. How cool would that be for a 3 and 8 y/o boys, really cool for them.

eeyoremom
03-29-2008, 05:20 PM
In Jan 2007, my husband, myself and 4 year old granddaughter were going to see beauty and the beast. A cm came up and asked if she would be the princess for the day. We sat in the very front row and at the end of the show the beast gave her a rose. It was very special. She was also given a certificate. This year, my husband and I were entering the Walt's life thing in the Studios, and were greated by an official dream team. They gave us lanyards with 4 pins, that are only given out by the dreamteams. We also were give a certificate. We personally do not pin collect, but our grandkids were very happy with the pins. Neither of these things were big costly events for Disney, but they sure make your trip extra special.. Also, it was my daughter's birthday this year and the bus drivers would great her with a Happy Birthday and announce it as the bus took off. Anything Disney can do to make someone feel special, just makes us want to go more.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Our three kids were chosen to be "honorary musicians" for Philharmagic.:mickey:

They were called up to a little landing where the CM introduced them as "The (our last name) Family from Long Island, New York" they were given different instruments that they played for everyone.

The CM gave us a really great Magic Moments certificate, personalized, that is framed in our tv room. She then led us to great seats in the middle of the theater.

It was a really special moment!

SurferStitch
03-29-2008, 10:22 PM
DH and I had a wonderful Magical Moment on our 10th anniversary in 2006. As we entered the American Adventure, the CM at the front of the auditorium noticed our anniversary pins. He walked up to us, asked our names, and said that they were waiting for us, and we had a phone call.

On the other end were Mickey and Minnie, wishing us a happy anniversary.

He then announced to everyone that it was our 10th anniversary, and everyone stood up and clapped for us.

Now, I've seen this several times since then, but I had never seen it before that time, so we were so surprised.

He then gave us a special certificate as we left, and led us next door to the restaurant, where he again announced our names and anniversary. We got a big "Hip hip hooray" from everyone dining there, and we were given complimentary strawberry shortcake desserts and drinks.

It was so magical!!! :cloud9:

KineGirl
03-30-2008, 03:05 AM
To our suprize he told them this is your magical day. They got bus trading cards and got a slip stating they were honorary bus driver for the day through out WDW. They were in 7th heaven since they were told they had a job at WDW. How cool would that be for a 3 and 8 y/o boys, really cool for them.

yaaa.... REALLY COOL!!

Everyone has such great stories! I swear its as much the magic as it is parks/resorts... maybe even more than... that makes me LOVE Disney!! I thought of another magical moment

:tigger: I have all the Tigger gear you can think of. Back packs, shirts, ears, socks and I love to sport it all in WDW. Love LoVe LOVE TIGGER!! One time at DHS me and my then DD9 was doing meet n greet with Tigger, she was wearing an NSync shirt and Tigger knew all the moves to Bye Bye Bye! To those who are lost.. youre missing nothing, trust me but to those who know .. .take a moment to do the mental pic! Tigger and DD dancing it up! Bye Bye Bye!!! :funny: LOL Then he playfully pushed her away, started slow dancing with me and then got on his knees and took my hand like he was proposing. He mustve spent a good 5 minutes playing with us that day in the hot sun. That happened almost 9 years ago and its still one of our oft talked about memories and it always cracks us up

oh and then there was this time when we were at Mama Melroses for dinner after having taken a last minute 1 am flight and then doing DHS all day. To those who are familiar then you know that they have that rack/stand in there lobby area with wine bottles and such on it. Well.. my Dad couldnt read the label because he didnt have his glasses on him. So I read it - Im A Genie. My Dad says what?? And takes a close squinty look at it and says "How about try - IMAGINE" LOL omg :doh: I was soo tired and all those Streets of America had gotten to my head... I was just reading it with an accent ...so I thought! We laaaaaaaaughhhhed all thru dinner til we cried. Couldnt stop. Its not so much magical but what a moment!!