PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on Brown Derby

Ms.Disney
03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
For our upcoming trip we were thinking about trying the brown derby. Do you think it is worth 2 dining credits per person? :mickey:

Natazu
03-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Brown Derby is very good, one of the best at Disney. However, on the dining plan, I'd consider paying out of pocket and saving the credits for one of the more expensive places like California Grill or Citrico's. The price point of Brown Derby doesn't make it a very good value for 2TS credits per person.

My :twocents:

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2008, 08:17 AM
I'm not a DDP person, so I can't tell you about the credits...

The BD, however, is a great place to dine. Wonderful service, great food, great atmosphere. It's really an incredible place, IMO, when considering that it's in the middle of a theme park - and they dish out as many meals as they do each day.

For what it's worth, I think it's among the best eateries in any theme park. In fact, it can compete with a lot of the resort restaurants as well!

KineGirl
03-29-2008, 09:30 AM
on the DDP the credits are better spent at Jikos or California Grill IMO. The Brown Derby has never really impressed me DDP or no. Dont get me wrong the food is good but for the money Id rather be elsewhere in the World :wave:

auntfrannie
03-29-2008, 09:55 AM
I agree with the others. While the Brown Derby is very good, it's not worth 2TS credits.

missbrookwood
03-29-2008, 12:27 PM
I am not a DDP fan but I do think the restaurant is great. Pay for it out of pocket. The parsnip soup and cobb salad are to die for!!! Creme brulee is not too bad either!!! I love eating outside and people watching while you eat such a nice dinner or lunch. Lunch is a good option to think about.

garymacd
03-30-2008, 04:13 PM
We love Brown Derby. I think it's worth the two meals. Don't forget to try the Cointreau Flyte.

Ed
03-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Another non-DDP user...

But we have eaten there several times, and have always had outstanding service, great food, nothing to complain about. In fact, on one of our visits, we mentioned that it was our anniversary, and the next thing we knew our server brought us a complimentary bottle of champagne and a small Happy Anniversary cake! (Needless to say, he got a very generous tip!)

DW loves their Cobb Salad, and I usually have the filet mignon - - excellent!

big blue and hairy
03-30-2008, 06:31 PM
As far as the DDP goes, I don't know if it's worth 2 credits, but you should definitely go whether or not you pay out of pocket. We don't go a lot, but it's definitely a must experience restaurant.

:sulley:

Disnamic Duo
03-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Another non-DDPer here...

We think Brown Derby is one of the best restaurants on WDW property. The best meal I've ever had at WDW was there - Pan Fried Grouper - man, was it delicious!

And, as others have mentioned, the Cobb Salad is excellent!

Go there - whether you use the plan credits or not.

dumbo_buddy
03-31-2008, 10:14 AM
LOVE Brown Derby!

I've already made ressies for our September trip. We'll be there for DH's birthday!

stephntampa
03-31-2008, 10:22 AM
We love Brown Derby. The food is really good, and their Cosmopolitan Martini's are AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
03-31-2008, 10:47 AM
We waited for years before trying the Brown Derby last October (small kids!) -- We took our 9 and 3 1/2 year old sons as well...and I am pleased to say that it is one of our favourite dining experiences EVER at WDW -- and part of the "perfect day" we had that day. The food was terrific for all of us (real fish and vegetables for our children), the wine list was great and the dessert was FANTASTIC (creme brulee). We can't wait to go back! :thumbsup:

moe513
03-31-2008, 11:19 AM
We did not like it. We thought the food was very salty.

Checkers
03-31-2008, 12:57 PM
One of our favorites as well. Don't know if I would use 2TS but would pay OOP. We usually go there for lunch and have never had a bad meal. Love the Cobb Salad and grapefruit cake!:mickey:

sneezyone
03-31-2008, 01:05 PM
my husband and I really enjoy eating at the BD. Service is always top notch and the food is great. My 2nd favorite place to eat, 2nd only to Les Chefs des France.:cloud9:

AllDisney
03-31-2008, 01:56 PM
We love the Brown Derby. We eat there on every trip to WDW. I have used the DDP and used the points for dinner there. I am not sure if it is worth the 2 credits or not, but I pay cash for meals that will cost me less than dining at the Brown Derby (i.e. Sci-Fi).

If you have the credits to use at Brown Derby then use them, otherwise, pay out of pocket. It's worth it IMO:thumbsup:

LandFan
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
This probably isn't going to make things any easier for you but we tried it for the first time last November and were not impressed. I did like the oyster and brie soup but other than that, we could easily leave it. 1ST yes, but 2, no.

Ms.Disney
03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies, I know I can always count on my intercoties for help. For the most part everyone likes it so we are going to try it:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-31-2008, 06:58 PM
We've eaten there twice and loved it both times. We don't eat alot at sit down places so 2 trips is alot for us. On our last trip, DH he said he had the best meal ever there, even better than at California Grill. We don't get the dining plan so we can't help you there, sorry.

thejens
03-31-2008, 10:51 PM
It's the best place to eat in the Studios for sure. Not as exciting as Cali Grill but very, very delicious.