PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question

ilvdisney
03-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I have a question - this year's dining plan (not deluxe, just the regular plan) does not include appetizers - only entree and dessert. Has anyone tried to switch dessert for an entree - in other words get an appetizer in place of a dessert?

ledudes
03-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I remember someone saying they did get to do that one time, but I can't remember where they said they were at the time. I think it may have been at one of the resort restaurants.

Natazu
03-28-2008, 08:11 PM
It comes down to your server, the restaurant policies, and the restaurant ordering system. All you can do is ask. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't.

TheRustyScupper
03-28-2008, 09:31 PM
1) Some eateries will allow it.
2) By far, the majority do not.
3) Appetizers are far more expensive (labor intensive).
4) And, it is always a matter of cost.
5) Restaurant Managers' pay is tied to their own eatery's profitability.

NOTE: Most WDW desserts are purchased - even fancy looking ones, thus there is little labor content, and thus less overall cost. Appetizers must be prepared, so labor is huge. Each eatery has a manpower budget and only so many line-cooks assigned to the appy line. Borrowing folks from other lines reduces the efficiency of that assembly line. (Big restaurants don't have one cook preparing one meal, it is done on an assembly line - eg. someone adds the potatoes to the plate, someone else adds the meat to the plate, someone else adds a veggie/garnish to the plate.)

ilvdisney
03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks so much for your replies!