PDA

View Full Version : Another P&PP question

javamama
03-28-2008, 06:10 PM
have you had enough already:ack:
J/K so do I really need to dress ds up for it? Dh's friend said it's a must, I'm not a big costume type of girl. I did some Disney shopping last week at Macy's since we still are getting snow in Chicago, and leave in 2 weeks. So my kids need summer clothes obviously, and Disney and Macy's came out with a new line of stuff for boys 4-7, it was alot of Pirate themed, Capt Hook stuff, Polo's, shorts, nicer stuff, some t-shirts. Pricey but it was all 40% off last week during a sale they had, so I did get him the pirate ship polo, and cargo shorts. I was going to get him a hat, eye patch, earing, bandana, and sword is that good enough? Dh's friend makes it seem like I need the $80 outfit from the Disney store--not happening. I'm sure people do it, but ds is 4, I think this is enough for him or am I wrong--I do have the Mcdonald tatoo's also:cool: he got those in his happy meal today;)

Briansmom
03-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I am curious to see how folks respond to this as I am having the same dilemma.

We are going the 2nd week in May and I just know it's going to be pretty warm....just thinking that a costume would be too hot even at nite. Besides that, our DS9 has autism and getting him to even wear a wig and/or hat would probably not happen...definitely not an eye patch or earring. Was thinking could buy a cheap pair of shorts and shirt at Walmart, cut the hems jagged, put a sash around his waist with a sword and be done with it. Of course, DD21 wants to dress up like a :princess: ....the outfits in disney store dont fit her!!

Please help us out, all you seasoned pros! :help:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-28-2008, 09:20 PM
When we go again on the 6th, me and 6 of my friends all got pirate hats and princess crowns from Michael's. They are made of a kinda foam material, only a couple of bucks each, and you can buy a bucket of themed sticky foams to stick all over. My little one already has a bunch of princess costumes, but she wants to go as a pirate this go around. I got a pair of black pants (cheap at Wal Mart for $3.50) and cut them jagged on the bottom to look like pirate pants. We found a pink and white striped shirt at Target (she wanted pink instead of red...still the little princess! lol) and she is wearing pink tights under the pants with sparkly black shoes. We bought some sparkly pink fabric and are going to tie it around her waist for a sash and she has a play sword. Plus a pirate hat as mentioned above that she got to decorate and an eye patch. Total cost of the whole outfit was about $12...

mickey&missy
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't think it's a must.

We did P&PP on 3/11. DD and DS dressed up and there were a lot of kids dressed up. Even quite a few adults. But, there were still a lot of people dressed normally. I don't think it has a baring on weather you'll have fun or not.

Do what you feel most comfortable with and enjoy!

peemagg
03-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I have been to it twice now and have yet to dress up. If you are not into that type of thing DO NOT worry about it. You can still have a great time without the costume. Maybe even more so, since you don't have to worry about your costume.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-28-2008, 10:24 PM
There were a lot of people who were NOT dressed up when we went last year. My 4yo nephew was dressed up for about 10 minutes and then he'd had enough and took off his costume. I'm sure what you have for him will look great. It's at night and you really can't see everything like you can in the sunlight so don't worry about it. He'll have fun either way.

javamama
03-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone, I kinda thought dh's friend was a little crazy--well he tends to be a little over the top on some stuff to say the least.
Thanks for the Michaels idea, I may go there and Party City today to get some little things today for his minimal cosutme.

DestinationWDW
03-29-2008, 04:59 PM
:pirate::princess: You will be fine which ever option you choose. We went last August and it was WAY too hot for costumes. My boys brought their's ( the $80 one's you speak of) and never wore them! We all wore matching pirate T-shirts and that was good enough for us! We have never dressed up for Halloween parties either - the kids here and there but not DH and I. :mickey: