PDA

View Full Version : Pleasae rate & review Boma

Jeff G
03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Continuing with the weekly poll's I'll be starting two more this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried Boma thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are as follows (I'm inculding the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

California Grill - 3.67
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Le Cellier - 3.42
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.09
Coral Reef - 2.78
Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.31

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

PEA_Swe
03-28-2008, 06:00 PM
A high 4 - no doubt! :thumbsup:

The food.
The atmosphere.
The service.
All best of the best! :number1:

DakotaDisney
03-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I would give it a high 3.:thumbsup:

Primarily becuase I rarely give anything an excellent or absolute highest score, because I think there is always room for improvement.

MARY POPS' MOM
03-28-2008, 06:52 PM
huge buffet! so many food choices for breakfast you almost have a hard time choosing what to eat. server kept our table clean but not our glasses filled. the restaurant is beautiful as is the resort. this will be a repeat for us every visit.:eat::thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Boma is one of our 2 favorite restaurants anywhere, not just at Disney - a definite must-do for any trip. Great food, great service, and an awesome atmosphere.

SBETigg
03-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Boma is very good. The atmosphere and buffet style service keeps it from ranking as an excellent experience for me, but the food is outstanding and I love the variety.

EvilQueen2006
03-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Definately an excellent! One of my all time favs!

ledudes
03-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I loved it. I liked getting to try all the different kinds of foods, rather than the same all stuff you usually find. The desserts were fun too.

Belle_0717
03-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Boma is wonderful. DH and I stayed at AKLV on our last trip.If you are staying at AKL or AKLV you can get a tour of Jiko and Boma at 4pm. The chefs of both restaurants explain the items on the menu and buffet line. Chef Lance at Boma was wonderful. He explained what everything was, and came out to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. He also brought us a special treat. It's definately going to be a must on all our future trips.

azdisneymom
03-28-2008, 09:45 PM
High 4 definitely -

Love the food :eat:
Love the atmosphere
Love the theming
Love the fact that they give me recipes, yep-email them right to my house. Now I can enjoy the magic at home. :chef:

tinksmom02
03-28-2008, 09:53 PM
I didn't vote on the poll, but my family did not really enjoy Boma at all. Just wasn't our style. Although, we did enjoy the soups and desserts!

I didn't vote because I feel that although it wasn't for us, I can recognize that it is a fabulous place to eat. I suspect that I am in the minority with our reaction to it.

dfamasb
03-28-2008, 10:59 PM
I gave it a 4 :thumbsup:
It's nice to try something different without it being too different that the kids won't eat it (or the DH for that matter)! The whole family loves it!!

mickeymousedabomb
03-29-2008, 10:03 AM
I gave 4 stars for Boma. We had a wonderful expierence eating here on our last trip. The buffet selections were great and chef's were right there behind the line to answer questions about the foods and how they tasted. Moms fav was the pumpkin ginger soup and mine, the banana pudding w/ vanilla cream sauce. Not to mention the atmosphere, that was the top of the line, what a great feeling we got here. We were seated way in the back by a huge glass section and you could see people walking on the paths and I just loved the colors the deep rich woods and the smells. We will do this again on our next trip!!:thumbsup:

Jared
03-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Boma - Flavors of Africa is possibly my favorite restaurant in Disney for both breakfast and dinner. It's definitely the best buffet.

I can make an entire meal just out of the soups and salads without ever venturing over to the carving station. The food is that wonderful.

:tasty:

Jonas_Swe
03-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Wºoºw! :mickey:

Boma is a very good buffet restaurant, with a huge selection of different African dishes. :eat:

And to make it even more special the last little piece of Magic comes with You! :cool:

My #1 tip is: Interact with the chefs that work at the different food stations. They will go out of their way to help you sample the best combination of flavours avalible. They really know what they are doing. And don't be shy to let them know what you think. We went back to the food stations several times, but not for seconds but just to thank the chefs for the great tips we got last time we were at the food station. :chef:

And if you want to take the experience even further. Order all your drinks to the meal by the glass! And have your personal combined dishes paired to perfection with the best choice of wine/beer/water or ice tea! :cheers:

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 01:09 PM
For us, Boma is the BEST!