PDA

View Full Version : Please Rate & Review Chef Mickey's

Jeff G
03-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Continuing with the weekly poll's I'll be starting two more this week.

This poll is to see what everyone who has tried the Chef Mickey's thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Past poll averages thus far are as follows (I'm inculding the results of the Coral Reef that was started by Disney Yankee):

California Grill - 3.67
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Le Cellier - 3.42
Liberty Tree Tavern - 3.09
Coral Reef - 2.78
Sci-Fi Dine In - 2.65
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.31

Please feel free to vote in past polls. To view simply click on my name and view the threads I started. I'll update the totals weekly.

Thanks!

PEA_Swe
03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
OK, the food is not California Grill quality.
But the fun - absolutely top class!

DisneyorBust
03-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I gave it a "very good". We have been there for both breakfast and dinner, finding the food food to be good each time. Great character interaction too. The only downside that I can think of is that the desserts are just OK at best.

Mickey91
03-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I gave it an excellent. Please note that this is for breakfast! The character experience and interaction is awesome at both but the food at dinner we found to be lacking.

Hull-onian
03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
I gave Chef Mickeys an excellent rating because I think it is fun. I love getting my photo taken as you come in with the plate, Mickey, fork, and spoon. Twirling the napkins just adds to the atmosphere. Our server, the last time we were there, was very attentive. The buffett was set up nicely, but I give the food a good rating. All in all, it is a fun dining experience.

GrmGrninGost
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I gave it a very good. That breaks down to an Excellent for breakfast and an average for dinner. The character interaction was excellent at both, but I found the food lacking in quality at dinner.

merlinmagic4
03-28-2008, 08:39 PM
We LOVED it when we went and the food was very good but it's certainly not fine dining. However, I would highly recommend it for the atmosphere and a very good dinner. I would say it is a "don't miss" restaurant - you have to go once and then you can decide if it's one you want to hit every time.

tinksmom02
03-28-2008, 09:55 PM
I gave it a 3, very good. It's definitely a fun dining experience. We enjoyed our food and the character interaction is wonderful!

tadshome
03-29-2008, 05:50 AM
I gave it a 4, but have only been there for breakfast. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Okay, I am definitely in the minority on this one. I'm not a fan...

Definitely not my favorite character meal. I've been for both breakfast and dinner. I'm still trying to figure out why it's so darned popular.

It's loud. Really loud. Discoesque type of music blaring.
Characters are rushed.

It's one of the only places you'll find Mickey and Minnie sprinting - yes, sprinting - around the restaurant.

On the plus side, as far as buffets go, there are good options. Not highest quality (that's a few stories up in the same building ;) ), but decent food.

Mrs Bus Driver
03-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Took 15 year old DD there a few years back. She wasn't to sure about a character breakfast, but I wanted a sit down meal on our last day before leaving WDW. A lot of fun Chip and Dale were very funny. It has become one of our fondest memories. I even have picture magnates on my fridge. If you haven't done it don't miss it :thumbsup::mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Chef M's has a great atmosphere and the food is very good.....I give it an excellent !!:mickey:

laward32
03-29-2008, 09:44 AM
We ate there for breakfast in October and we loved it. We will definately go back. Great character interaction, great food with lots of choices. I loved the fruit bar, so did my girls. We all loved the Mickey waffles. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We had 7:20 reservations on a Saturday and we were seated immediately.
Overall it was a great experience.:mickey: