PDA

View Full Version : Here's a freaky story I had happen

murphy1
03-28-2008, 04:20 PM
This one is just unbelievable and I still can't believe. I was eating lunch last week with one of the kids at school (we live in Georgia). There was a lady next to me with her son and grandma and grandpa across from me next to him. We were all talking and they said they were from Ft. Lauderdale, so of course I'm excited to meet Florida people (being from Tampa). I said "oh, you are from East Coast? My grandparents live near Cocoa Bch in a small town. The lady, Chris, tells me she grew up there and I said "oh, you must know where (told her the street name), she says that is the same street she grew up on. We are both looking at each other at this point like it was too weird. I asked her what her house # was. Then we really freak, it's right next to my grandparents!! She was in my aunts wedding and hung out with my dad in high school!!! How weird, her grandson has the same teacher in Kindergarten that my oldest had. It really really is a small world. Needless to say she knew sooo much about my family!

PirateLover
03-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Everybody join in! it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.....:mickey::thedolls:

brad192
03-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Just goes to show you that God has a sense of humor! :D

Oh, and gee thanks Maryanne...now I'll have that darn song stuck in my head all night! :thedolls::bang: :thedolls: LOL!

Terra
03-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Small world [no pun intended!:thedolls:]...

How cool was that though!!!!

Ahhh...you guys need to move back to Florida Shari!!

Something similar happened with DH and I...
When we first started dating my mom said she knew some people with the last name "Gouge" in high school. Now mind you we both met in Florida [but were originally from Ohio.]

I said yeah, what are the chances mom..
But turns out it's the same family and my mom knew his dad and aunt in high school and they went to the same church!!
Then Eric and I lived only 10 minutes a part or so and I frequented the restaurant where he worked in Ohio for several years but we never met!!

Terra
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Everybody join in! it's a small world after all, it's a small world after all.....:mickey::thedolls:

LOL...I saw you're post after I posted!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Isn't that the truth!

I've had very similar things happen to me. It's amazing how small the world really is.

Jimenyfan
03-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me. When my oldest son was playing rec. football I was the team mom and needed to collect copies of birth certificates, I look at one boys birth certificate and see he was born at West Jersey Hospital, so I say to his mom "are you originally from NJ she says yes I say so am I what town did you live in" She tells me a small town outside of Cherry Hill, so I tell her thats funny so did I, I grew up in Haddonfield well sure enough so did she and she graduated with my sister and her sister graduated with my brother. What are the chances the two of us would wind up in Greer, SC.

Dakota Rose
03-28-2008, 07:39 PM
That is too weird! :)

The first Christmas DH and I were dating, we had a Christmas party. As I was addressing the envelopes, I came across the names "Mary and Megyn." Well I knew a Megyn whose mom was named Mary. In fact, I'd known them since I was very little and Megyn had been a babysitter, etc. So I asked DH (who is several years older than me) how he knew these 2 and to describe them, etc. Turned out he'd worked with Megyn for years and was really close to them!

Jonas_Swe
03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
It's a Small World After All! :mickey:

Briansmom
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
It's so cool when stuff like that happens!! :tigger:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-28-2008, 11:40 PM
My first thought was also about that darn song! I guess it's really true that it's a ........

Marilyn Michetti
03-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Isn't that the best kind of fun when it happens?:D

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 05:26 AM
It is a Freakishly Small World!:thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
To quote Steven Wright "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it." :D

pixiegoose
03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
I've had a few similar experiences.

The first happened in 7th grade. My family had just moved to GA and I was the new kid in town (yay Army!). During the 1st week of school, we were doing some project in class that including looking at maps in small groups. In my group, we all pointed to where we'd lived/been. One boy (who looked really familiar to me) pointed to a couple of places and then pointed to Monterey, CA. I asked him what church he went to there and he looked at me like I was crazy but answered anyway. It turns out we had gone to the same church in CA while my dad was at Ft Ord and his dad was at the Presidio and our parents were friends. We ended up graduating high school together, staying in touch, and he is now in Afghanistan.

The second story happened at my high school graduation. After the ceremony, I was on the field talking with my friends and an old guy came up asked me if I was Kara "my lastname" and I said yes. He asked if he could take my pic and I was kinda starting to freak out a little when my grandma (who was there from MN) saw him and yelled out "Carly Jackson!". Turns out, they had grown up together in MN, he happened to run into some family friend at the cemetery in MN who told him my grandma would be in GA for my graduation, figured out his grandson was graduating from the same school, and looked for my name in the program and kept an out for what I looked like. Crazy! My grandma and him hadn't seen each other in years!

One last one that's actually Disney related! My family was at Shades of Green, getting our tickets (we stayed off-site) and were waiting in line. My dad heard a familiar voice at the front of the line. Turns out it was one of his good friends (now best friend) from the War College that he hadn't seen/talked to in at least 8 years! They were just there picking up tickets , too (they were staying at the Grand Floridian- yeah, he got a nice job after the military!) and it was just dumb luck we were there at the same time!

It really is a small world!