PDA

View Full Version : JIko or Boma

DakotaDisney
03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I have eaten both dinner and breakfast at Boma and loved it.

I am wondering about trying Jiko.

Is it it worth the cost compared to Boma? Supper per person is about the same cost depending on what you order, but how does the food and overall experience compare?

Which would you choose?

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I like having the super choices of the Boma buffet, but then I've never had the opportunity to enjoy Jiko.

AllDisney
03-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Have eaten at both. Both are unique. Jiko is a very relaxing adult experience. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is wonderful for a romantic dinner. We thought the service was first rate.

Jiko is on our list for a dinning experience each time we go back:thumbsup:

Hull-onian
03-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Have eaten at both. Both are unique. Jiko is a very relaxing adult experience. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is wonderful for a romantic dinner. We thought the service was first rate.

Jiko is on our list for a dinning experience each time we go back:thumbsup:

This is good to know about Jiko. We have only dined at Boma and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think that Jiko is Zagat rated, so it has to be a number one restaurant. This time I am going with the kids, so we are going to Boma's. Zebra domes, yummy. :tasty:

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I agree that both are unique dining experiences. Bomas buffet is delicious & plentiful (breakfast & dinner!) and what a great view! But we really fell in love with Jikos. We sat at the chefs counter and it was probably the best dining experience we've ever had at WDW. I agree that if you have little ones the food at Bomas would probably be preferrable but if youre looking for a more adult atmosphere and palate go for Jikos. It was the first ADR I made for our upcoming trip in July!

mudpuppysmom
03-29-2008, 12:28 PM
We've eaten at both (dinner) and I like them both, DH says nothing there he has to go back for (Boma), but he really enjoys Jiko. DS ate less at Boma than he did at Jiko (he's 6 now, but been at 3, 4 and 5 yrs of age). He likes their mac & cheese and the puzzle for dessert (he's even pointed out to a server once that there were pieces missing from his puzzle!).

I think they are totally different experiences though as one is buffet (noisy, busy and sometimes chaotic, plus serve yourself) while Jiko is a signature sit down meal. It is much quieter there and the mood is much more subdued. The service at Boma was fine, but the service at Jiko is top notch (except our first visit which was subpar).

The food at both is unique and quite tasty, just different levels......like walmart vs macy's kinda.

We will be back at AKL in December and DH already has said he wants to really have a nice time at Jiko and for once we can stumble back to our room and not worry about driving, so I guess he plans on lots of wine!!

I'd say give both a try, but if you want something more subdued and quiet go for Jiko. Even if you have kids, Jiko is kid friendly.

Duchess99
03-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Jiko is wonderful but definitely more of an adult restaurant. I went to Boma for breakfast and thought it was just ok ( I know I'm in the minority here!) and I'm not one to do buffets for dinner. I enjoy TS restaurants much more.
So my choice...Jiko :)

IC10
03-31-2008, 07:53 AM
We love Boma's and cannot wait to try Jiko's but that was the one ADR at 180 days out we had to try different dates and times for. It was not easy but we sure are excited!!