PDA

View Full Version : Opening the MK

letsdoitagain
03-28-2008, 07:39 AM
What's the best way to get picked to be the family that opens the MK and has anybody been lucky enough to be picked for it?

Strmchsr
03-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Get there early. However, it really is totally random. Other than looking like a happy family I'm not sure you can do anything to increase the chances.

#1donaldfan
03-28-2008, 08:46 AM
SHHH.......lets just keep this between you and me, ok??

You have to get there VERY early, before daylight is the best time. Find a nice comfortable place and conceal yourself the best you can. When families start filing in, get ready. CM's will soon begin to search out the days opening family. Keep a keen eye out. Once they pick the family jump 'em and take over their identities. HA, HA !!

Actually, I've heard that if you come early and ARE the happiest, most exicited looking family there, you will have a better shot....good luck. We'd love to be picked someday, but unfortunatley we now have a teen and pre teen (drama) so we don't have a chance anymore!!!

letsdoitagain
03-28-2008, 09:16 AM
We have an 8 and 6 year old, so maybe that will help.:D

JerseyDad
03-28-2008, 09:24 AM
....so I guess that covering your entire upper body with Disney related tatoos, singing Zippity-Do-Dah at the top of your lungs, and wearing light up Mickery ears......just won't do it ;)

Jonas_Swe
03-28-2008, 04:48 PM
My tip is just to be yourself, enjoy the feeling of arriving at the Magic Kingdom and looking forward to a wonderful day. :mickey:

When you are caught by that feeling; anything that happens after that will be an added bonus to a great day! :party:

Remember, even if you get picked or not, you will still have a Magical day ahead of you in the park. :number1: