PDA

View Full Version : swimming in early June

quest4dl
03-28-2008, 01:25 AM
We plan to visit DL 6/6-6/11. I am trying to decide our hotel. It would be nice to come back midday for a break and a swim. Will it be warm enough to swim in the mid to late afternoon? We are considering Paradise Pier but with rooftop pool location I would expect it to be quite breezy up there. I had nixed the more economical HOJO due to the main pool being under construction but wondering if I need to re-think this plan.

BigRedDad
03-28-2008, 09:26 AM
I would definitely bet that it will be warm enough. It is California in the Summer. My guess would be mid 80s at least.

tinkwest
03-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Let's look at last year's temps. (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1447244#post1447244) Ranged from 70º to 75º. But then the very next week it was about 10 degrees warmer each day. I would plan on enjoying the pool, but don't be too disappointed if a little June gloom comes your way.

NotaGeek
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
We plan to visit DL 6/6-6/11. I am trying to decide our hotel. It would be nice to come back midday for a break and a swim. Will it be warm enough to swim in the mid to late afternoon? We are considering Paradise Pier but with rooftop pool location I would expect it to be quite breezy up there. I had nixed the more economical HOJO due to the main pool being under construction but wondering if I need to re-think this plan.

The best DLR resort pool is the Disneyland Hotel. The best Good Neighbor property pool I have found is the Ramada Inn Maingate. The Ramada is across the street from the main entrance to the DLR right on Harbor. I have stayed there several times, never paid more than $100 per night and they give a free breakfast ... and their pool area is very nice, and heated.

quest4dl
03-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the tips on the pools! It seems that with kids, no matter how wonderful the place we visit, the pool is a must!

nmbullrdr
03-28-2008, 03:38 PM
When is the Hojo's pool starting construction and how long will it last? We stayed their in September and enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in December and February and went swimming both times. Weather was in the mid 70's. In February, the Saturday was REALLY BUSY at Disneyland, so we just hopped on the monorail and spent the day at the pool. Try Croc's Bite for food, the beef nachos are best and its not on the menu, but ask for cheese fries, they really hit the spot. Just wish we could talk Disney into serving green chile!!

quest4dl
03-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately the Disneyland Hotel is booked up already for our dates. The Hojo's main pool is supposed to undergo renovation in April, May and June - but it hasn't started yet and you know how dates can slide.