PDA

View Full Version : Ohana,,Boma, and Chef M from Pop Century

mickeynminnie08
03-28-2008, 12:11 AM
We will be staying at PC in Aug. :mickey: and we have reservations at these restaurants. My question is what is the best way to get from PC to each restaurant? We will have a car, but if it would be easier to use disney transportation (and I want to ride to monorail to Chef Mickey's)I would prefer that. Thank you all.

Piglet822
03-28-2008, 12:36 AM
To get from one resort to another using Disney's transportation system you will need to use either a theme park or DD as a transfer point.
We always have our car since we live locally and we always drive ourselves when dining at other resorts simply because it's easier.
For the Chef Mickey ressie check the hours of MK and/or Epcot and use them as your transfer point and that will give you the opportunity to ride the monorail :D

svarhall07
03-28-2008, 01:21 AM
The only Disney transportation offered at Pop Century is the Bus Service. To get from Pop Century to Boma, you have two choices. Drive, which would take 10 minutes; or take the bus to Animal Kingdom Park and transfer to a bus going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge which could take up to an hour.

You can get to both the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's and to the Polynesian for 'Ohana on the monorail. However, there is not a monorail connection at Pop Century. If you are going for lunch or dinner, try planning you day to be at Magic Kingdom or EPCOT, where you can take a quick monorail ride straight to the resorts. Otherwise, once again, you will have to take a bus from the Pop Century to either Magic Kingdom or EPCOT and transfer to the monorail; this will probably take 45 minutes-1hour. Best bet would be to drive if you are not at a park already, being about 10 minutes from both resorts.

Good luck, 'Ohana is really amazing and take some time to look around the Polynesian. Chef Mickey's is a classic (have eaten here 4 times I believe) and the kids will have a great time!

mickeynminnie08
03-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Thank you all for your advice, I got to looking at my daily activities we have planned. I guess we will probably drive to Ohana, it's our first night. I am glad, however, that you had all mentioned the parks. Chef M we will be at MK, but Boma we will already be at Animal Kingdom so unless we leave early, the bus sounds pretty good. I am sure I will think of more questions before August so thank you all so much.

Rosemickey68
03-31-2008, 01:26 PM
In the past we have eaten at Boma's....we did AK the day we had an ADR for Boma's and took the bus from AK to the AKL...it did not take long at all to get from the park to the hotel...maybe 10 to 15 minutes tops, but plan to leave the park 30 to 45 minutes ahead just in case.
Happy Eating!!! Boma's is awesome!!!:mickey: