PDA

View Full Version : anyone stay at AKV?

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 12:04 AM
I posted this before but it got buried (and I think it had a bad title LOL)

We are booked into AKV w/ savannah view for July and I cannot hardly wait!! We stayed at AKL 2 years ago and fell absolutely in love with the resort, the ambiance, the food (JIKO!!), the art, the savannah views from the room... EVERYTHING .. LOL

I was wondering if anyone has already stayed at both AKL & AKV and what your impression was of the Villas?

DVC Mike
03-28-2008, 07:23 AM
We have stayed at AKV twice so far (Dec 2007 and Mar 2008) and we love it! It's my wife's new favorite place to stay. We love the entire resort -- the theme, the animals, the great restaurants. The villas are great.

LauraF
03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
My parents recently bought into the DVC and have AKV as their home. They went to AKL for years before the villas came along. They tell me it's worth every penny!

(Now to convince them to gift their points to their DD!)

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2008, 12:06 PM
AKL is my wife's favorite place to stay. We've been there several times. A few weeks ago, we had the chance to stay in a studio villa in the main building. To be honest, it was very nice, but there was not a significant change from the rooms we had stayed in before. I expect the biggest change will be noticed when we stay in the new building or stay in one of the larger rooms, like a 1BR. Minimal changes or not to the room, we still loved it.

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
A few weeks ago, we had the chance to stay in a studio villa in the main building. To be honest, it was very nice, but there was not a significant change from the rooms we had stayed in before. I expect the biggest change will be noticed when we stay in the new building or stay in one of the larger rooms, like a 1BR. Minimal changes or not to the room, we still loved it.

This is what I was wondering about. I figured the studios would be about the same.. Im curious as to what the 1/2/3 BR villas are like. We got a 2 BR villa this time. The pics online are cool but I cant quite get a feel. We usually stay in the 2/3 BR OKW villas and those are awesome!! Im sure I will love it either way! Ive rarely been disappointed at the Mouses Houses and AKL is already my favorite!!