PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Barber Shop

BlueTinky
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Is it pretty much like a normal Barbershop? And what are the prices as far as haircuts go?

DisFan01
03-27-2008, 06:35 PM
I have never been there myself, but INTERCOT has a great page, with lots of information right here (http://intercot.com/themeparks/magickingdom/mainstreet/barbershop/default.asp)! :thumbsup:

BlueTinky
03-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the link. It gives me enough information that I can use to convince my Mom to let me get a haircut there :) After all, a haircut there is much more magical than anywhere else :thumbsup:

sneezyone
03-31-2008, 10:57 AM
my husband's had his hair cut there twice and I got mine cut there once...

the barbers are wonderful! since I cut my husbands hair normally, I asked if I could watch to get ideas how to do it better, not only did they let me watch, but the barber took a few extra minutes to show me exactly how to do it....

I got my hair cut in a bob and they did a fantastic job...they are polite, fun and rather fast...

I believe it was 17 bucks for the cut...

I also got "pixie dusted" which was a lot of fun.

Hayden's Dad
03-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Hayden's first and third haircut was here and we love it. We will be taking him back there in May. They are so wonderful there, but get there early the line gets long quick and they only have two chairs. His first haircut he got special Mickey ears and a certificate, lots of pixie dust and stickers. The second trip we got even more pixie dust. We highly recommend it.

Jasper
03-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Both I and my two sons have had our hair cut there three or four times each and got pixie-dusted each time. The price and quality of cut were comparable with what you would find at home with your local barber.

I don't know if it is because it not something you normally expect in a theme park or just what the real allure is but there is just something extra fun and special about getting your hair cut in the Magic Kingdom.

loopner67
03-31-2008, 12:49 PM
My DH got his hair cut there last year and we hadn't planned it. It was a very fun experience.

While we waited for DH to get his hair cut, the other Barber didn't have any customers, so my sons decided to get gel. Little did they know that it was COLORED gel.... they had the top of their spiked up with blue or red gel. Then she painted a Mickey Head on the backs of their heads. They got *so* much attention that day because of the gel and my oldest son probably got picked for the "Jack Sparrow Show" outside of POC because of his bright red heat miser hair. :pirate:

So off my tangent... I give two thumbs up to the Barbershop & highly recommend it. Oh and we were there are a fairly busy time, but the Barbershop wasn't very busy.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

illini
03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
We had a great experience. Our youngest DD had her first haircut there, and the oldest got a trim. The barbers did a fantastic job, and were so sweet to the little one who freaked out.
I believe the cost was around $15-18.
It gets very busy. We went to AM EMH one morning, and about 10-15 minutes before the park (and the barbershop) opened, we headed over and waited outside the shop. It worked well because by 9:05, there was a line of about 12 people!

crazypoohbear
03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
we make a beeline to the barber to get our son's hair cut when we go there! best haircuts they get all year!
Prices are cheap as well. I think about 14.00ish.
No appointments though, you wait just like at the old time barbers :mickey:

McGoofy
03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
$17.00 for adults, $14.00 for children. You can pay with cash, credit, or room charge, but for whatever reason they told us that they could not add a tip on when you use room charge or credit card. Do not forget about the tip. These guys/gals that work at the barber shop are great!:mickey:

BlueTinky
04-03-2008, 09:01 PM
OK, thanks for all the info.

What do they do when you get "Pixie Dusted"?

smcd
04-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Depends... both my sons have gotten hair cuts there. Once they put hair gel - green - in the shape of a mickey .

They normally put Mickey confetti with streaks of gel color (you pick).

But don't worry, they won't put it on if you don't want.

My eldest got his head "buzzed" when we were there in January - the barber really did a great job. Well, it's definetly time for another cut (yes - 2 almost 3 months later) and of course his suggestion is to go back and get his hair cut there!:thumbsup: