PDA

View Full Version : WDW Massage Therapy!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Maybe I’m just aching for a WDW vacation (and since I just started a full-time job, I don’t get holidays for 11 months!), but I had a back massage for the very first time in my life.

While getting the massage I was able to place myself in WDW very easily! I think it helped me relax, I was able to walk down Main Street, meander the POP Century resort…it was so easy and so relaxing!

Maybe that sounds geeky :blush: but I was wondering if anyone else ever thinks of WDW as a way of total relaxation, like during a massage?!

Chris :hatter:

Beast_fanatic
03-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Sometimes I'll try to use WDW as a way to relax when I'm trying to go to sleep at night. Sometimes that backfires on me though as I either get too excited, or I have weird dreams where WDW isn't at all like what it is supposed to be.

Belle619
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
I've actually used thoughts of Disney to calm myself before.

The last time I flew for work it was late at night and we had horrible turbulence (I hate to fly.) So, I closed my eyes and imagined that I was on a ride at Disney - I thought of being on Dinosaur, Big Thunder Mountain or anything that would be bumpy - and it actually worked!

I got so lost in my imagination that I was actually very relaxed during the rest of the flight when I normally would have been a nervous wreck!

Here we go again...
04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Disney is my Happy Place. I use thoughts of Disney to get me through just about any problem/frustration/tragedy/illness in my life.
I have RA (along with a few other health problems) and Disney is what gets me through sometimes.
When things get really bad, I plan a trip... ;)
Thanks to MsMin, I will be there Friday!!!
... or Saturday morning.

tomatoe pie
04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
disney is also my happy place. that is where i go physically and mentally when i need to feel free and happy.:mickey:

at first i thought this thread was about the wdw massages available in the fitness centers. but i will write my information anyway.:)

i have on 2 occasions left home with a back muscle giving me problems:( and i was really in a lot of pain. when i got to my resort at wdw the fitness center was able to get someone in quickly. if you ask for a deep muscle massage they can really fix that type of problem in about 30 minutes and the rest of your trip will be painfree.:yes:

i can not say enough great things about the talents that abound at wdw. i just love the world and the cms. they provide the most beautiful services.:thumbsup:

LauraleeH
04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Sometimes I'll try to use WDW as a way to relax when I'm trying to go to sleep at night. Sometimes that backfires on me though as I either get too excited, or I have weird dreams where WDW isn't at all like what it is supposed to be.
Ew, I hate those dreams!

I'm saving my first massage for when my mom and I have a spa day at Disney this September, but I do have my ways of relaxing...

At night when I'm trying to sleep, I turn on the Disney Fairytale Weddings CD which is all instrumental and sounds almost like a lullaby, but has my favorites (Beauty and the Beast, If I Never Knew You, etc...) and it instantly relaxes me.

One time when I was relaxing out by my pool, I could hear all of the neighborhood kids laughing and screaming, and it reminded me of the pools at Fort Wilderness so I closed my eyes and pretended I was there and then I thought I was in the parks. When I opened my eyes an hour later, I was FREAKED OUT because I had no idea where I was lol. Talk about an hour of relaxation!