PDA

View Full Version : it not about age darnit

dory is here
03-27-2008, 05:21 PM
so many tell me its "silly"..at my age to love all things Disney,I dont agree I feel all ages can love Disney and do anything a child can enjoy ,what do you all think?:eeyore::eeyore::eeyore::eeyore:

Child of Spaceship Earth
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Walt created Disneyland as a place anybody can enjoy thats why unlike other theme parks there aren't any rides that only children can ride

:figment::figment::figment::figment:

PEA_Swe
03-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Age is just years!
I'm 45 and I'm still a kid. :mickey:

Jasper
03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
:ditto::ditto:Yeah, what they said!!!

If more people kept that child-like quality in their hearts it would be a far better world. Now, having a child -like quality in your heart is not at all to be mistaken for being childish, those are two VERY different things!

GrmGrninGost
03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
As a 45 year old father of two, I can say I love all things Disney and hope that never changes! I will guarantee you my DW and I love Disney at least as much and probably more than the DKs ever have! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
03-27-2008, 06:34 PM
:ditto::ditto:Yeah, what they said!!!

If more people kept that child-like quality in their hearts it would be a far better world. Now, having a child -like quality in your heart is not at all to be mistaken for being childish, those are two VERY different things!

Right On!! :mickey:

auntfrannie
03-27-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm turning 45 this year and can't think of a better place to spend my birthday so that's where I'll be! I think it's wonderful to have a place to go that always makes you feel happy!

IloveDisney71
03-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm in my 30's and love Disney more today than I did when I was a kid. Walt created Disney for people of all ages! You are never too old to feel that Disney magic.:thumbsup:

Briansmom
03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
I feel so fortunate to have lived near WDW when I was a child (when it opened in 1971). I was lucky :gold: to have been exposed to this wonderful place many times at a young age and have been able to love it since I was 11. My love has continued all these years and I still get giddy when I talk about it. I'm so lucky that my almost 21 year old daughter has also taken up the Disney 'torch' and I know she will be just like me when she's 48 years old!! She is as excited as I am about showing her special little brother the World for the very first time in 41 days 11 hours 22 mins (told you I got giddy!!) :woohoo: It is defintely not about age! YAY for Disney World!:mickey:

Nascfan
03-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I think the people who think it's silly to love Disney are silly. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks, Walt, for letting us all be Peter Pan forever.....

Caroleh
03-27-2008, 09:56 PM
In December I had my 50th birthday. All I wanted was to be at WDW for it because at WDW you can never grow old. I want to keep young forever.

Mickey91
03-28-2008, 12:54 AM
I absolutely love Disney World. I feel like a 5 year old seeing Mickey for the first time everytime I meet him! Even if it is four or five times in the same day!!! My favorite ride is Small World. My DS thinks I need to grow up. But I'm just waiting for the ship to Neverland so I don't have to.:mickey:

KineGirl
03-28-2008, 02:55 AM
I never even went to WDW until my early 20's and I can say Im a World Hopper for life!

Marilyn Michetti
03-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I'll be 64 for a few more days, and we're going again in Dec.:yay:

LauraF
03-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Age isn't important to WDW. I've seen babies who giggle at the characters near their carriage, grandparents who cry when seeing the castle at MK, couples who walk hand in hand around the WS after Illuminations, children who come out of a snit to follow Push down Tomorrowland's streets and more. People of all ages have found ways to have fun at WDW for years.

WDW is about letting go for short time of all those things that keep us all worried and *enjoy* life for a change. Yes it's a fantasy world, and I'm okay with that. They know me there and accept me, no matter my age. I was welcomed when I was 8, and I'm welcomed the same way, 25 years later. I still get excited when I finally arrive on property and I don't care who knows it.

All those who say it's silly and for children are missing the point of why it's fun. (Good - they can stay home.)

Dragongirlx
03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
I am 31, single and with no kids and I love disney.

I refuse to let people who say its silly and for kids get me down because it makes me happy.

I would rather be happy doing what I love than conforming to what others want and being miserable

Thank god for Disney for helping me stay happy and positive :number1:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
There are two quotes by Walt I like to use when the age issue comes up.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

I think sums it up nicely.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-28-2008, 01:30 PM
I was 16 when I first went to Disney and now that I'm in my 30's still love Dinsey. I don't think it's silly at all. My DH and I have no children yet and we go every year. We get our pictures with the characters and everything. The extra room in our house that will one day be a baby's room.....is the Disney room.

Dakota Rose
03-28-2008, 11:48 PM
I fell in love with Disney when I tried to join a parade at DLR when I was 2. In my late teens and 20s people made fun of me for being so into Disney. But I didn't care. I still don't care. Now I get to see my kids fall in love with the dream that Walt built.

loopner67
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't think it's silly in any way, shape or form. I've always felt that Disney is for ALL ages, no matter what.

I've heard people say they're bringing their kids when they're younger because they feel when they get older (we're talking 10 years old) they won't want to go anymore???? Since when do 10 years olds not like it? I don't think Disney should have that sort of label. It's for all ages, for sure. :mickey:

I'm only 41, but I plan on going to Disney for a very, very, very long time. I want to be the "Cool Grandma" who takes the grandkids to Disney and even goes there w/o kids! :cool: