PDA

View Full Version : Selling Other Points to Buy at New Contemporary DVC tower

NY GOOFY
03-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I am having a strong feeling that as soon as Contemporary tower points go on sale that I should sell my other points and buy there. Is anyone else getting this urge or would that be crazy?

DVC Mike
03-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I plan on adding on points at both the Grand Californian Villas at DLR and the Kingdom Tower Resort at the Contemporary.

But I won't be selling any of my existing points.

lockedoutlogic
03-27-2008, 01:48 PM
if you can afford the difference in cost....it's not crazy...

especially if you have saratoga....but also the other locations because they are 10 years closer to their expiration dates

lockedoutlogic
03-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I plan on adding on points at both the Grand Californian Villas at DLR and the Kingdom Tower Resort at the Contemporary.

But I won't be selling any of my existing points.

might want to throttle back on the disney a little there and expand your horizons...

just a thought....

tadshome
03-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Have Disney accounced when the points for Kingdom Tower Resort will be on sale?

DVC Mike
03-27-2008, 05:20 PM
might want to throttle back on the disney a little there and expand your horizons...

What else is there? :mickey:

DVC2004
03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Have Disney accounced when the points for Kingdom Tower Resort will be on sale?

Disney has not announced it at all. It's all still a rumor.

tinkerbell04
03-27-2008, 06:42 PM

That is the same thing was thinking! :)

Tinkermom
03-27-2008, 08:34 PM

Seriously! We have "expanded our horizons" and own with another timeshare company and I can tell you it does not hold a candle to DVC. I think I will stick within my Disney horizon thank-you very much.:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
03-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Seriously! We have "expanded our horizons" and own with another timeshare company and I can tell you it does not hold a candle to DVC. I think I will stick within my Disney horizon thank-you very much.:mickey:

seriously.....

there is alot of other things out there to do.....not that disney isn't our staple.....but sometimes the things that have been created in the real world are just as cool as those created in a Disney World:cloud9:

Tinkermom
03-28-2008, 09:53 AM
seriously.....

there is alot of other things out there to do.....not that disney isn't our staple.....but sometimes the things that have been created in the real world are just as cool as those created in a Disney World:cloud9:

DVC offers MUCH more than just a vacation to WDW. Which is why we have used our points to cruise, to Vero Beach, Concierge Collection, and have plans to go to Hawaii as well as Adventures by Disney. We love to travel and by doing it with Disney I can count on the quality of the resorts offered (Concierge Collection, World Passport Collection) as well as a higher level of service. No other timeshare offers opportunities to explore other parts of the world like Disney. No worries about us, we expand those horizons and check out the real world, we just do it with Disney's help.:cloud9:

JMTStone
03-28-2008, 10:17 AM
We looked into the Marriott time share and compared it to DVC. The only added benefit to the Marriott was when I travel for work and stay at Marriott, it gives me additional points. I travel for work a lot (headed to San Diego tomorrow) but I hardly ever get to choose where I stay. My work travel agents do this.

So we got SSR. My only regret is signing SSR when little did I know, AKL was available 2 months later. AK being my favorite resort so far... I'm thinking of adding points there.

So I'm at BWV in 77 days and DCL for a cruise in May 2009.

I'm hooked too!

locodemickey
03-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Disney has not announced it at all. It's all still a rumor.

Hmmm...I thought it wasn't a rumor anymore:confused:

DVC2004
03-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Hmmm...I thought it wasn't a rumor anymore:confused:

I spoke with my guide. This has not been announced by DVC and is not for sale now.