PDA

View Full Version : Confused about EE

quest4dl
03-27-2008, 12:51 PM
It seems that resort package bookings either through Disney or AAA only include one early entry or magical morning? Does this mean that early entry is potentially available every day and you can choose one day of your stay to participate? Or is it open certain days but for all resort guests? It doesn't seem to operate that same way as WDW for early entry.

NotaGeek
03-27-2008, 01:34 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT

Early Entry (now called Magic Mornings) at DLR do run a differently from WDW. Early Entry is only good for Disneyland, for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions only. They do allow guests to get in line for Finding Nemo Submarines, so everyone goes there first ... leaving Fantasyland and Tomorrowland virtually empty! :thumbsup:

Guests of the DLR hotels and some other special vacation companies (like AAA) do get access to Magic Mornings, but your Travel Provider will be able to tell you exactly what you get with your package.

You can check out the Magic Mornings (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=123289) thread for full info.

nmbullrdr
03-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Early entry days are Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday if you have a park hopper ticket of 3 days or longer. You get one day, usually Tues or Thurs is the quietest day. You can get about 5 maybe 6 rides in during that hour (not Nemo of course).

If you are a guest of one of the resort hotels, you get ALL of the EE mornings, just show your ticket and your hotel thingy (piece of paper that lets you charge things to your room).

Make sure you get to the gates at least 15-20 minutes early and that you find the EE/Magic Morning line. There is a security check point before the gates that can back up also, so plan an extra 5-10 minutes for that. Don' wait for the monorail in DTD, it will be packed and waist most of your EE.

quest4dl
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
This is part of my confusion. I called AAA about the resort package but with a Disney resort package, I supposedly only get one Magic Morning entry. I would also have assumed that I should get all magic mornings as an on-site guest.

Jacky B
03-31-2008, 12:40 PM
I heard this morning that guests will not longer have MM everyday like they previously did.

quest4dl
03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
This seems to be murky area. Apparently several recent on-site guests have reported no problems with using MM as many times as they want. One guest was actually told by a front desk clerk that they keep it quiet so they can 'surprise' their guests with the perk - doesn't make business sense to me but who knows?

NotaGeek
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Guests staying in one of the hotels of the Disneyland resort can use all of the early entries.

MegaDisney
03-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Disney is changing its policy. The old policy was was allow any guest of the 3 Disney owned hotels to enter the park during Early Entry just by showing their Room Charge Slip.

This was great for Annual Passholders and others who did not get their admission tickets through the Walt Disney Travel Company. You must now purchase your entry tickets to the park as part of a package or at the hotel front desk.

Guests purchasing a package through the WDTC or its affiliates, or even buying a 3 day or longer ParkHopper at the Hotel Front Desk, will still get one Magic Morning. But this is the same "perk" as if you stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel.

There is no more unlimited EE for Resort Guests.

NotaGeek
04-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Disney is changing its policy. The old policy was was allow any guest of the 3 Disney owned hotels to enter the park during Early Entry just by showing their Room Charge Slip.

This was great for Annual Passholders and others who did not get their admission tickets through the Walt Disney Travel Company. You must now purchase your entry tickets to the park as part of a package or at the hotel front desk.

Guests purchasing a package through the WDTC or its affiliates, or even buying a 3 day or longer ParkHopper at the Hotel Front Desk, will still get one Magic Morning. But this is the same "perk" as if you stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel.

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like that Diploma from the College of Disney Knowldege or whatever really helped out! :mickey:

Mufasa
04-01-2008, 02:22 AM

For a limited time (I don't know of the specific details in how long this may or may not be offered as it may be up to the hotel's discretion)- depending on when you made your reservation (if it was clearly prior to the policy change), Disney understands that the Magic Mornings perk may have been quoted to you, so upon check-in you can request with the CM at check-in for a Magic Morning pass which will allow you to take advantage of the Magic Morning offerings during your stay (1 pass per registered hotel guest).

The other policy change affecting hotel reservations is now a 5 day minimum cancellation policy, and a deposit is now taken against a credit card for the first night's stay, plus hotel taxes upon making the reservation directly with a resort hotel.

NotaGeek
04-01-2008, 01:17 PM
The other policy change affecting hotel reservations is now a 5 day minimum cancellation policy, and a deposit is now taken against a credit card for the first night's stay, plus hotel taxes upon making the reservation directly with a resort hotel.

GEEZE! What is this, Vegas? It's a sad day when companies like Disney opt to increase revenue by making their fees more stringent. :nono:

cora
04-03-2008, 09:06 AM
We were just at Disneyland (March 16-23) & stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel on the resort property. I had to ask at check-in, but was told that Yes, as resort hotel guests, we had Early Entry everyday that it was offered (Tues, Th, Sat, Sun). We had one EE that came with the ParkHopper pass, but after that, we just showed the little paper they give you to charge things to your hotel room & had no problem.

We have stayed on the property 2-3 times before, & they NEVER told us we had this perk...I read about it on this & other message boards & finally asked about it.

Must be a fairly new change, that resort hotel guests cannot do EE everyday that it's offered. If so, that's one big reason we would look to stay elsewhere next time we go, because it is so much more expensive to stay there.

--cora