PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Annual Pass?

Bri
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm not really sure where to post this but hopefully someone can help me out. My boyfriend just recently moved back to LA to play football. He was born and raised in the LA area so I travel there a few times a year with him to visit his family. He is looking into getting the Delux Annual Passport with Parking. It's the AP that gives you admission for 315 days of the year and is also a park hopper. Along with the parking pass, he would be paying $318 which isn't bad and would pay for itself in about 4 trips to DL if he were to buy a park hopper each time. He will def get good use out of it cause he brother and brothers girlfriend each have AP's as well. My dilemma is this, I am going to be out there for 2 weeks in April, 2 weeks in May and 1 week in June. Those are my definate trips, I may be out there more than that. I would get the same AP as him but without the parking pass since he will have one. It will cost me $259 for 315 days of park hoppers. It would pay for itself within 3 trips. I could absolutly see us going 3 times while I am out there in the next few months. My thing is, if I don't go back after June/July is it wasteful for me to have all those days and not do anything with them, even though it will probably have paid for itself by then? Sorry this is so long, I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

faline
03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Our last trip to Disneyland was for just a little over a week and we bought annual passes though we did not go back during the rest of the year. Given the other ticket options offered and our desire to be free to enter and leave the parks as we chose (none of our dates fell in blackout periods), it worked well for us.

If you at least break even, why not get the annual pass?

Bri
03-27-2008, 12:43 PM
We have a nephew that is 2 that lives out in LA as well, would he need a ticket or can he get in for free?

blake0
03-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I believe that a 2 yr old can get in the park for free, but I am not sure about that one. In my opinion it would only make since to get an AP even if you do not use it for the majority of the year. It is more cost efficient and it gives you the option if you make a unplanned trip.

NotaGeek
03-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Considering the price of a multi-day ticket vs. the price of the annual pass, it seems more wasteful to spend money on tickets when you can apply that money to an AP ... even if you don't get back to use the pass, at least you have that option.

I live in Spokane, just recently moved from Phoenix and I have a Premium AP ... I have used it a lot more this year than I thought I would, but I keep renewing because parking plus all the food and merchandise discounts offered are MORE than worth just spending the $200 every time I go to the park ...

nmbullrdr
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Get the annual pass, feels really good knowing you can come back anytime during the year. We got our AP because we were there for 9 days in September, cannot get a park hopper ticket for that long. We too thought it might be a waist, so we got good AP rates at the Disneyland Hotel and cheap flights on Southwest and came out again in February! That is 16 days in the park for only $259. And who knows, if things work out, might come out again before August. It is real easy to plan a quick trip knowing that you do not have to buy park hopper tickets, with AP's you are good to go!

Aisling
03-29-2008, 10:16 PM
I agree, get the pass. If it will pay for itself in three visits, which you're pretty certain you'll do, then it isn't a waste. And... it's a good incentive to visit both your boyfriend and the parks a whole lot more!

But what I really want to know is, what team is he out here playing for?:cool:

BrerGnat
03-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Get the pass. You will also get discounts at Downtown Disney and dining discounts at the Disney parks and hotels.

Get the pass. :thumbsup: I have the deluxe pass....it's awesome.

A 2 year old does NOT pay. A 3 year old DOES!

Bri
03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
thanks for all the input guys! i think i'm going to get it, i'm going out to LA on april 10 so i will pick one up that trip, i'm sure we will go sometime in the 2 weeks i'm there. also, if we can take our nephew for free, thats even more of a reason for us to go!

aisling, he plays for the Los Angeles Avengers. he also played college ball at the Univ of Southern Cal. if you live in LA you should def check out an avengers game, they are really fun!