PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP! Where to purchase annual passes?

jbrentf
03-27-2008, 11:35 AM
I am checking in EARLY at the Grand Floridian on Sun 3/30 & heading to MK.
Need to purchase an annual pass to get my room discount and for my ticket ahead of the park opening. I also have a ticket to trade in.
Disney reservations is giving me all kinds of answers on this.
QUESTION - Can I do this transaction at the GF at 7:30am or so?
IF NOT, how about Dtwn. Disney the day before
I know I can do it @ MK Guest Relations, but then that is extra trip back & forth.
Appreciate any help on this ASAP since I'm flying out Friday. Thanks so much all.

KylesMom
03-27-2008, 11:42 AM
QUESTION - Can I do this transaction at the GF at 7:30am or so?
No, unfortunately you cannot procure Annual Passes at the hotel.

If you have to exchange a ticket, there is Guest Relations at any of the parks or DTD. Sounds like DTD would be your best bet. Don't forget your photo ID when purchasing/activating you A/P. Have a great time!

jbrentf
03-27-2008, 11:47 AM
You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much. I can go to downtown disney the day before and park for free to do this. Interesting how Disney reservations gave me different answers, including some saying I could do at hotel.
I knew there a problem when some said yes and some said no.
Also, the good thing is the AP doesn't start til you first use it is what I hear.:mickey:

KylesMom
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Also, the good thing is the AP doesn't start til you first use it is what I hear. The Annual pass "timer" begins when you activate the pass, which is what you will be doing at DTD.

So, if you are activating your pass on Saturday, March 29th, it will be good next year until March 29th at midnight.

The only other way around this would be to do the running around on Sunday morning prior to checkin at GF.

ThanxForNoticin
03-27-2008, 12:02 PM
The Annual pass "timer" begins when you activate the pass, which is what you will be doing at DTD.

Actually, the 'timer' begins when you first use the pass to get into one of the parks. You will get a physical ticket if you purchase it at DTD, but you don't start using the 365 days until you put it through a turnstile at a park for the first time. Have a great time.

1DisneyNut
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
IMO the best place to get tickets on site is the TTC (Ticket and transportation center). There is free parking close to the ticket offices and its quick and easy to get in and out. A lot of people don't realize you can buy tickets there so there usually isn't a very long line.

KylesMom
03-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Actually, the 'timer' begins when you first use the pass to get into one of the parks. You will get a physical ticket if you purchase it at DTD, but you don't start using the 365 days until you put it through a turnstile at a park for the first time.
Hmmm - our A/Ps have always worked differently than yours then! When we activate our passes, an expiration date is marked on the back of the ticket, letting us know when they expire. We've been A/P holders for years and it consistently has worked for us in this manner - not from the first time we utilize at a park.

Per the Disney Annual Passholder website:
Your Annual Pass is valid for one year from your Anniversary Date, which is printed on the back of your Pass.

McGoofy
03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
No, unfortunately you cannot procure Annual Passes at the hotel.

If you have to exchange a ticket, there is Guest Relations at any of the parks or DTD. Sounds like DTD would be your best bet. Don't forget your photo ID when purchasing/activating you A/P. Have a great time!

I agree with this statement 100%, and it is the exact same answer I would have posted. DTD or if you wanted to ride the monorail the night before, you could go to TTC or even Guest Relations at MK. There's a few places you can secure your pass the night before. I also just want to emphasize how important it is to remember your photo ID. They will not issue you an annual pass without one. We were with friends who purchased AP's in February. They did not bring their ID's to the park with them and had to ride the bus all the way back to the resort. We lost a lot of park time that morning!!

Actually, the 'timer' begins when you first use the pass to get into one of the parks. You will get a physical ticket if you purchase it at DTD, but you don't start using the 365 days until you put it through a turnstile at a park for the first time. Have a great time.

I believe this is only if you have purchased AP's online in advance and are trading in the exchange certificate. As Kyle's Mom mentioned, the AP's expire on the date on the back of the ticket. The date on the back of the ticket is the day that you purchase them at Guest Relations. I've had an AP since 2003, and that's how it has always been for us.

medic9016
03-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmmm - our A/Ps have always worked differently than yours then! When we activate our passes, an expiration date is marked on the back of the ticket, letting us know when they expire. We've been A/P holders for years and it consistently has worked for us in this manner - not from the first time we utilize at a park.

Per the Disney Annual Passholder website:
Your Annual Pass is valid for one year from your Anniversary Date, which is printed on the back of your Pass.

This is correct. You can hold onto the voucher with out the time starting. Once you get a ticket printed the clock has started, because you will have your AP in hand and can use the perks that go along with them.

dory is here
03-27-2008, 05:06 PM
you can also get them at any Disney store in malls:eeyore::eeyore::eeyore:

SurferStitch
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM

That's incorrect. KylesMom was right...once the voucher is turned in and the actual AP ticket is activated, that officially starts your 365 days. It doesn't matter when you enter your first park with it.

We purchase our AP's at the DS in our mall, and activate them when we go to the park on our first day. We have never needed to show our AP or the voucher when checking into a resort using an AP discount, so we never ventured out to purchase the AP and activate it before checking in while on property. This last time, we purchased our AP's a few weeks before our December trip. We arrived at the Poly, checked in using our AP discount, checked out our room, then headed to MK to activate our AP's and hit the park. We've also done this before.

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2008, 12:13 PM
That's incorrect. KylesMom was right...once the voucher is turned in and the actual AP ticket is activated, that officially starts your 365 days. It doesn't matter when you enter your first park with it.

Thanks. I'm always learning, too. I probably turned a bad assumption into what I thought was a fact. I pulled out our current APs last night and did not realize there was an expiration date stamped on the back - probably because we picked them up and headed into the park. I thought that date was only significant when renewing. Thanks again.

SurferStitch
03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks. I'm always learning, too. I probably turned a bad assumption into what I thought was a fact. I pulled out our current APs last night and did not realize there was an expiration date stamped on the back - probably because we picked them up and headed into the park. I thought that date was only significant when renewing. Thanks again.

Yup...no problem. When you do it all in one shot like that, it's easy to make that assumption.

Now me....I like to buy the AP voucher tickets a few weeks before the trip, and then drool over them for a while. I'm a glutton for punishment!

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Now me....I like to buy the AP voucher tickets a few weeks before the trip, and then drool over them for a while. I'm a glutton for punishment!

That's a curse of being a Disney freak, like most of us out here are!

Deesdisney
03-29-2008, 10:47 AM
I am so glad that this came up. I have been wanting to buy AP but did not know how to. So how long are the vouchers good for if I buy at the Disney Store? Do you have to use it in a certain amount of time?

KylesMom
03-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Deesdisney, the vouchers could be purchased tomorrow and theoretically could be redeemed at any time in the future. We've purchased ours over the past few months at The Disney Store, but won't exchange them until July!

Purchasing in advance is a sure-fire way of avoiding price increases . . . :mickey:

mugley
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey, I am also going to GF but over the summer. I wanted to know what the rates were at the time of your purchase?:mickey:

KylesMom
03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Welcome to Intercot, Mugley!

Currently, a Regular Annual Pass purchased through the Disney Store is $477.12. It is the same amount with tax purchased at Disney online. :mickey: I can only assume the price is the same at the Disney World gates.

McGoofy
03-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey, I am also going to GF but over the summer. I wanted to know what the rates were at the time of your purchase?:mickey:

First, welcome to Intercot!:mickey:

$477.12 is the adult AP price. Hotel rates usually wind up being 30% off of rack rate with an AP discount. Currently AP rates are only given through May 21. I'm expecting very soon to see an announcement for dates beyond that which would include the summer. We usally book with a AAA rate to reserve the room, and then when AP rates are announced, we convert to the AP discount.

Welcome to Intercot, Mugley!

Currently, a Regular Annual Pass purchased through the Disney Store is $477.12. It is the same amount with tax purchased at Disney online. :mickey: I can only assume the price is the same at the Disney World gates.

Yeah, the price is the same at the gates. That's where we have always purchased ours.

Well, I can't wait to hear what happened with our original poster. As I write, today was the day the OP was going to purchase AP's. I wish I was at Disney World right now! :mickey: