PDA

View Full Version : Coolers in Park

m&mzmom
03-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Someone asked me if you could take a cooler into the parks - she said someone had told her you could. I didn't think so. I know you experts will know the real word!!!:thumbsup:

thatkindofday
03-27-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm not totally sure if you can. I know my grandparents took a small, hard cooler in with their wheelchair, but my grandfather has diabetes so he had his insulin in it, along with about a dozen bottles of water and apples and bananas. I'm almost a hundred percent sure you can't bring a really large cooler in, but I think I read somewhere that you can take a small collapsible cooler in.

BigRedDad
03-27-2008, 09:15 AM
I think the policy is if it can fit in the locker, you can take it in to there. I don't think you can walk around with a cooler in the park per se.

vorchik
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
From the official WDW site:

"Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:

...suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations)..."

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-27-2008, 01:10 PM
They'll let you take in those small soft case coolers that hold a 3 or 4 bottles of water. We carried one of those in everyday last Sept without a problem.

KylesMom
03-27-2008, 01:30 PM
They won't have any problems bringing in a small cooler for bottled water, snacks, etcetera. However, ensure your friend knows that they cannot enter the parks with glass bottles in the cooler - the guards will have them open the cooler up and will check at the security checkpoint prior to park entry. :mickey:

Main Street Jim
03-30-2008, 07:26 AM
It must be able to be one-hand-carried. No styrofoam. No large coolers, no wheeled coolers (which I still see being let into the park...why, I don't know). No glass containers, no alcohol.

crazypoohbear
03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
A small Lunchbox type cooler would be fine.
No glass, knives or other sharp objects.
I don't get the people who bring the wheeled coolers??? They aren't allowed yet they always find a way in and then proceed to runamock with people's feet and legs :mad:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I brought one of the wheeled ones in the park one 4th July. However I put it in the locker & we just retrieved water as we needed it. My sis brought a small one with chocolate milk for my nephew last time we were there and had not problems.

magicofdisney
03-30-2008, 07:08 PM
In the last few months I've seen more and more wheeled coolers. They're smaller in size, but still must be pulled from behind.