PDA

View Full Version : Ohana's and Olivia's Cafe??

thatkindofday
03-27-2008, 08:33 AM
My fiancee and I are trying to decide where we want to eat at while we're on our honeymoon and so we decided to each get to choose one and then pick one together. He chose Olivia's Cafe (he has been talking about conch fritters ever since he got back from Key West about 6 years ago) and I am leaning towards Ohana for dinner. Then we are considering Victoria and Alberts for dinner another night. (Not sure about spending that kind of money on a meal, though) What are your thoughts on these? Any suggestions on what to order or thoughts on the food? Any help would be appreciated. Also, any tips on different restaurants would be great! Thanks

pox24
03-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Based on all our visits here' s how we see it:

O'Hanas: Great place for dinner. Its a fun evening with plenty to eat, family atmosphere and coconut races for the kids. Loud and very enjoyable. Great food items.
Olivia's: Laid back, quiet, typical Key West style dining for B,L and D. Not large but just the right size. A small outdoor area is also available.
V & A: Elegant, romantic, exquisite selections depending on the menu. Its very expensive and long. We dined privately, not at the chef's table, and it was 3 hours with 6 courses I believe. I enjoyed it but would not do it again.

Maleficent's Dad
03-27-2008, 10:03 AM
He chose Olivia's Cafe (he has been talking about conch fritters ever since he got back from Key West about 6 years ago)
Sadly, Olivia's doesn't serve conch fritters any longer - at least they didn't in December. :(

What are your thoughts on these? Any suggestions on what to order or thoughts on the food?
Where are you staying? The reason I ask is that OKW is a little off the beaten path and you'd have to take the resort bus from one of the parks to get there. It's very convenient if you're staying at OKW to head to Olivia's, but unless you have a car, you'll spend a lot of time travelling to get there.
Poly's easier to get to (for O'hana's) as it's so close to the MK and you can boat/monorail it there.
Of the three you mention, we thoroughly enjoy Olivia's. It's nothing fancy, just a laid back "safe place" to eat. Food's good, prices are reasonable, and the location works well if you're staying at OKW. We've tried a lot of different menu items - usually stick to b'fast or lunch there - and mostly everything we've had has been very good. It's not gourmet, just simple food.
We've also dined at V&A's and feel that it's totally worth the cost. It's a very, very nice evening - a total removal from the hustle and bustle, totally quiet and intimate, and exquisite food. The Kobe beef is exceptional, add on the foie gras & wine pairings for a real treat (for additional $$$), and whatever you do, GET THE COFFEE at the end of the meal to accompany your souffles!
I won't comment on O'hana's as it's not very popular with our family. I understand its appeal on these boards, but we don't care for the food offered.

When are you going? I ask because ADR's are essential for some of the more popular restaurants. We often dine in EPCOT for dinner, and have had wonderful experiences there. If you want to eat at Le Cellier, be sure to book the first day that you can - it fills up that early!

Other good bets for a honeymoon couple would include Narcoosee's, California Grill, & Artist Point. These are resort restaurants, and again, you may want to dine closer to your own resort.

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming nuptials! :thumbsup:

biodtl
03-27-2008, 10:25 AM
We ate at Narcoosee's on our honeymoon and had a wonderful meal.

ThanxForNoticin
03-27-2008, 12:15 PM
'Ohanas is one of our favorite places to eat anywhere. That being said, you have to ask yourself if you are looking for a quiet, romantic dinner.... If you are, then 'Ohanas might not be the best choice. The restaurant does a lot of activities with the kids, so depending where you are sitting, you could have brooms, coconuts, and limbo dancers rushing by your table, along with music and singing. It's fun and very entertaining most of the time - but if you are looking for quality time to relax and enjoy each other's conversation, I would try something else - like Olivia's. We also would highly recommend Narcoossees - great place. Have a great trip.

Natazu
03-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi and Welcome to INTERCOT.

You guys have picked three of my favorite restaurants.

'Ohana is a must-do-for-carnivores kind of place. The food is awesome and you get plenty of it. Come hungry.

Olivia's, one of Disney's hidden gems, may be one of the best values on property. The food is wonderful; the menu is diverse, and the price is reasonable.

Vicky's - wow, I could write for an hour and not begin to cover the greatness of this restaurant. While expensive, it's worth every penny. Victoria & Albert's is something every food lover should try - true fine dining and what a great place for a honeymoon meal.

IloveDisney71
03-27-2008, 08:23 PM
We never miss Ohana. We love the food & family atmosphere. But like a previous poster mentioned if you are looking for a quiet, romantic dinner this may not be the place for you. I've eaten there with just my DH and we really enjoyed ourselves even when the singer lead the kids around our table in a "parade" of some sort. It was cute. We enjoyed eating there because there is nothing like it where we live.

thatkindofday
03-27-2008, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=Maleficent's Dad;1586894]Sadly, Olivia's doesn't serve conch fritters any longer - at least they didn't in December. :( QUOTE]

Oh no, he's gonna be crushed.

We are either staying at Port Orleans Riverside, of Wilderness Lodge. It all depends on whether or not I can use this coupon that I have for Wilderness Lodge.
I would love to go to Victoria and Albert, but I really can't see spending that much money on food. I don't know, I'm trying to talk myself into it. We don't really mind the family type atmosphere of O'Hanas and I'm heard alot about California Grill. Another one we had considered was The Coral Reef at Living Seas (?) and another one at Epcot that I just can't think of the name.