PDA

View Full Version : How is: Cape May Character Breakfast, AKL Boma (dinner), and Whispering Canyon Cafe?

svarhall07
03-27-2008, 12:00 AM
I will be visiting WDW for the 12th time May 18-22, 2008. I have eaten at most Disney Dining restaurants, but am trying 3 new Dining locations this time. Please provide reviews of Cape May Character Breakfast, AKL Boma for dinner, or Wilderness Lodge Whispering Canyon Cafe. I am 20 and traveling with my girlfriend of the same age. No children. Do you think these will be good choices?

auntfrannie
03-27-2008, 06:17 AM
Of the 3 you mention, I've only tried Boma's. It's always fantastic! It's a good choice if you want to try a wide variety of different flavors. They always have 4 or 5 soups and I usually find 2 that are outstanding. They have a wide variety of meats, salads, and side dishes. And their dessert bar is really, really nice!

BethieTink
03-27-2008, 08:12 AM
First of all....Welcome to Intercot!!! :welcome:

You have chosen three of my favorites!! :mickey:

Cape May breakfast is great. Plus you get to see the Beach Club, my favorite resort. The character interaction is great and the food is good too. Make sure you plan that to be an EPCOT day, it is only a 10 minute walk into the International Gateway from the Beach Club.

BOMA for dinner is one of my favorites and one we don't ever miss. The soups are amazing. The prime rib delicious. The potato salad is also worth trying. Make sure to try the Zebra Domes.

Whispering Canyon is alot of fun. It is loud, but in a good way. We have always had the BBQ skillet and really enjoyed it.

Have good trip. You are getting there the day after I leave. :blush:

Tygger7
03-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!!

Of the places you listed, we've only eaten at Whispering Canyon, and I have to say it's one of our absolute favorites. We love BBQ, and the All You Can Eat Skillet is sooooo yummy. I'm drooling just thinking about it. :D We also love the atmosphere and all the interaction with the waitstaff. One tip: be sure to ask for a LARGE water, and for ketchup. It's a really fun place, with our without kids. We'll be at WDW the same time you are, so maybe we'll see you there!! :mickey:

biodtl
03-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I've only tried Boma, but I highly recommend it. It is, by far, my favortie meal ever at WDW. The great thing is that since it is a buffet you can try a lot of new and different things, but there is plenty for the less adventurous. I can't wait to go back.

ThanxForNoticin
03-27-2008, 12:28 PM
You have made three very good choices. The Cape May breakfast is excellent. Boma is probably our favorite restaurant at Disney - great food, terrific service, and a special atmoshpere (take some extra time before or after dinner to walk around the lodge). Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun and the food is very good - be warned, though - WC will not be a nice quiet romantic dinner for two. It's a place where the servers like to have fun. They used to run "horse races" around the restaurant for the kids, too - I expect they still do.

Have a great time.

NJGIRL
03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
I have been to all three, Cape May Cafe and BOMA for breakfast and the Whispering Canyon for dinner.

They are all excellant!!! I like the selections at the Cape May over BOMA just a smidge. But BOMA didn't have the characters which was nice since my son is not at all interested in them.

I have to say that at the Whispering Canyon I had probably the best meal I have ever had on Disney property. I didn't get the skillet but ordered off the menu.

katzctkpt
03-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Each year we try something new at Disney and of the 3 mentioned I have only tried WC personally, my family and I didn't care for it. I had the Salmon glazed in Bourbon it was ok but, my dh and dd tried the skillet and didn't like the taste. They love bbq but, just didn't care for this. We tried a couple of tricks like ask for water well, we just got a regular glass. Our waitress just wasn't a player. We've decided to read others reviews and then decide what to try. If there is a lot of bad about a place then we kinda stay clear. Like Mexico's San Angel Inn wished we'd read intercot before that trip.

bruin1344
03-27-2008, 01:01 PM
ive only done the cape may breakfast and it was awesome

svarhall07
03-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Thank you so much for welcoming me to INTERCOT and for your recomendations! I am really looking forward to Boma. After dinner, if they still offer it, we are going to use the night vision goggles to see the Animals.

I am most leary of Whispering Canyon Cafe, but we are both 20 years old and looking to have a lot of fun. I think we will love the atmosphere, and probably the food.

Just to add, my favorite restaurant at WDW is the California Grill @ the Contemporary! Try it!

thejens
03-27-2008, 11:39 PM
I've done all three and yes they are all great choices. Cape May breakfast is one of the better ones I think. Great variety of choices, very yummy, great location and characters! Boma, one of my very favorites. Great for dinner and also good for breakfast by the way. WC is a fun experience, maybe not the best food in the world but tasty.

playdead88
03-28-2008, 06:34 AM
i can tell you that cape may breakfast is awesome! it was one of the best breakfasts we have had at disney and the characters were great - tons of time at the tables and lots of pics! have a great time :thumbsup:

PEA_Swe
03-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Really superb choices!

Whispering Canyon
The perfect place for getting in the right crazy mood for a real Disney day. A lot of fun, things happening all the time. Food is on the heavier side.

Cape May
Just love it! A lot of character time when we were there. The food is standard Disney - good.

Boma
One of the most wonderful experiences during our three weeks back in 2005. Excellent food, a lot of it things I have never tried before. Don't hesitate to ask the cast members what are the best combinations. Superb service. The whole atmosphere is taking you to another part of the world.

jakeybake
03-28-2008, 05:03 PM
We have been to 2 of the 3, Cape May and Whispering Canyon.

Cape May is excellent. We have gone for both breakfast and dinner and loved it both times. The food, service and atmosphere is all top shelf.

On the flip side we are not fans of Whispering Canyon. We went to WC for both breakfast and dinner as well. The food is just ok. Nothing to brag about. The atmosphere was ok and my kids had fun doing the Pony Express races but none of that really made up for the substandard food.

Jay

PEA_Swe
03-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Sometimes you just have to choose between top quality food and top quality fun.
Don't expect/demand every eating place to serve world class food. Go for the total experience! :mickey:

Jonas_Swe
03-28-2008, 05:26 PM
What great choices! :thumbsup:

Whispering Canyon
Best for breakfast. Gives you a fun and whimsical start of your day before you walk down to take the morning ferry to MK. I promise that you will already be in a perfect Disney mood by the time you enter the Magic Kingdom. :cloud9:

Cape May
The character interaction is just wonderful. They take plenty of time to stop and hang out with you. And if you request a table fairly close to the CM exit/entrance you will meet your characters when they arrive and when they head out for a potty break! ;)

Boma
O M G... don't miss that dinner experience, whatever you do! :eat:

But in order to really get the full experience, take the time to talk to the chefs behind the desk. Yes, they are WDW's best African cuisine chefs assigned to create the best mix of African flavors. They will be more than happy to show you what to mix on your plate and in what order. :number1:

brownie
03-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Cape May Cafe for breakfast is one of our favorite spots. We really enjoy the character breakfast there. I like the buffet set-up; it's in a square in the middle of the room. Food has always been good, but it's been a while since we've been there now.