PDA

View Full Version : Why was Space Mountain closed?

LoriR
03-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Yesterday Space Mountain was closed and when you went on the TTA you could see inside it was all lit up and they were working on the track or something. Does anyone know what is up? Is it on the regular refurb schedule?

WDWfanatic742
03-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Broke down or had a guest get out of the car or something. I've seen it lit up at least 5 times on my last two or three trips.

bruin1344
03-27-2008, 08:11 AM
its not common for that to happen on any trip i go on

KylesMom
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Happens to us almost every time we're in the MK in the summertime . . . :( No kidding, it seems to break down daily while we're there.

dmewd
03-27-2008, 01:01 PM
The same thing happened last week while we were just about to load into the cars. Apparently then a car had gotten stalled on the track. We watched a cm walk up the track and shortly the car came rolling down. It was pretty neat to see the inside all lit up.:)

#1donaldfan
03-27-2008, 01:05 PM
We generally go in the summer and I can confirm that it does breakdown quite a bit.....not to worry, I'm sure it'll be up n runnin' soon !!:thumbsup:

JPL
03-27-2008, 01:05 PM
I think they are trying just to do basic maintenance on it to kleep it running until the upcoming major refurb therefore it is more likely to break down on a regualr basis. I know in January I never got to ride since everytime I headed over there it wa down for some reason.

SpaceMtn101
03-27-2008, 07:14 PM
someone got out of tta and opened a door they were not suppose to which estops space and is a total evac and takes a while to power up and power down and reset ... thats why the ride was down

Followthatmouse
03-27-2008, 09:35 PM
It was down several times during our last visit, too. Watching maintenance crews on the track makes for an interesting diversion on TTA.

JerseyDad
03-28-2008, 09:41 AM
....had that happen while I was on TTA once...got a good look into the Space Mountain "inner workings"...and then afterwards...was a bit "depressed" to have seen it.

I suppose it was like I'm a big 47 yr old kid...and was told that there isn't a tooth fairy!!:(

MMouse6937
03-28-2008, 10:43 AM
someone got out of tta and opened a door they were not suppose to which estops space and is a total evac and takes a while to power up and power down and reset ... thats why the ride was down

WOW, that's crazy...people need to stay in the ride vehicles...geez! :confused:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-28-2008, 10:50 AM
I have never seen Space Mountain lit up. In the past 12 trips we have taken.

I think I would like to, it is probably cool but, it probably would lose some of it's neat factor if I did.;)

letsdoitagain
03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Why would you spend all that money to have a magical experience at Disney and then ruin it for yourself and others by acting like a moron and jumping out of a ride vehicle like that.

I he got a big mouse shoe in butt and it booted him sky high.

SpaceMtn101
03-28-2008, 01:09 PM
it happens more times than you think which is sad ... i dont think the track is that impressive ... i guess cuz ive seen it with the lights on soooo many times that it looks like any coaster .... OH WELL!!! -- ive also rode with lights on and i have to say lights OFF are so much better :)

mjm
03-28-2008, 01:31 PM
it happens more times than you think which is sad

WHAT!! :confused::eyes:

First, SpaceMtn101 are you a CM?

Second, how the heck does somebody get out of a car without getting injured or killed?

Off to Never Land
03-28-2008, 04:01 PM
....had that happen while I was on TTA once...got a good look into the Space Mountain "inner workings"...and then afterwards...was a bit "depressed" to have seen it.

I suppose it was like I'm a big 47 yr old kid...and was told that there isn't a tooth fairy!!:(

What??? There isn't a tooth fairy :cry:

wedway76
03-28-2008, 04:12 PM
We have seen SM with the lights on on two different trips. I even have it on video. I feel that it's quite unimpressive when the lights are on.

grwoolf
03-29-2008, 01:28 AM
A couple years ago, we were probably half way through the ride and the lights came on and all cars were stopped. The CM's came out and cleared the track buy letting the cars proceed one ride vehicle at a time. When it was our turn, 2 CM's came and gave us a push once the brakes were released. We rode the rest of the track with the lights on. I think this happens fairly often when somebody is slow loading and unloading. The unload area can only hold so many cars. If someone can't unload before the next cars are coming in, they have to do an emergency stop on the entire ride.

SpaceMtn101
03-29-2008, 01:56 PM
WHAT!! :confused::eyes:

First, SpaceMtn101 are you a CM?

Second, how the heck does somebody get out of a car without getting injured or killed?

On TTA i was refering to because thats what we were talking about and people seem to like to get out of TTA a lot and if its in Space it Estops Space or people open a door in space for some reason and that tricks and estop too... i used to work space for over a yr so i do know a lot about the track and how the mountain works and i currently know ppl who still work there and my friends tell me about all the different 101s and why they have them :)

Main Street Jim
03-30-2008, 07:19 AM
They also had a problem with the lift chain and sprockets the other day, which is why Speedway was accepting FastPasses from Space for about four hours...