PDA

View Full Version : ASMu opinions?

Rella
03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
We are considering staying at ASMu this September. I'm interested in hearing others opinions/experiences. We've stayed at ASMo and ASSports and POP already, so I guess I'm wondering more about what sets ASMu apart from the other Values?

Thanks!:)

IloveDisney71
03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I have stayed at ASMu twice and POP twice but I have not stayed at the other values. I think the main difference is in the themes. Other than that they offer the same ammenities (pools, food court, buses, room size). I really enjoyed staying at ASMu and will very likely stay there again.

IloveDisney71
03-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I

mook3y
03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
The only value resort we have stayed at is ASMu.

So while i can't compare, I can tell you what we liked.

The main pool was large and loved the 3 cabeleros squirting water.

We liked the music they played while we were swimming.

It has a nice gift shop.

I would imagine the food courts are similar... we didn't care for it as well as we did others at moderate and deluxe resorts. But we didn't eat there very often, so was more for a snack and was fine.

The part we disliked the most about the resort was that we just got a standard room and we were about as far as you could be from everything and it was a long walk to get refills or back to the room in the evening.

jennsky
03-26-2008, 09:30 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed ASMu. We were in the Jazz section...I would highly recommend that area. It had a nice New Orleans' feeling to it. The pool was great, we loved the atmosphere. I enjoyed it more than POP personally...didn't feel as crowded...probably because it's smaller, but still. It was nice. You'll have a great time!

arielshouse
03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
My opinion is I prefer POP to ASMu b/c the staff is alot friendlier and the housekeeping is alot more efficient. The housekeeping staff has alot more personality. At POP the buses run more often and I liked the food court alot more. POP is a bit more crowded b/c it's the higher end of the values. No offense to anyone who prefers ASMu more.

Eeyore's My Favorite
03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
DH & I stayed at ASMu this past January and absolutely loved it. :thumbsup: The resort has been refurbished, the rooms were awesome, the poolside activities for the kids were great. The food court and shopping were better than the other values. Because it's a smaller resort it's really alot quieter. We stayed in a standard room in the Jazz building and had a much better location than our preferred room at POP.

With POP it's so huge, and so packed & so noisy that DH & I won't go back again. We had a very unmagical vacation there in September and decided after the many issues we had there we were done with POP.

As far as the bus issues - we had absolutely none with ASMu. We shared with the other resorts 1x and that was to AK. At POP due to the volume of guests you had to wait for quite a few busses to come before you actually were able to get standing/squished room only on the bus. We didn't have that issue at ASMu. Also, we didn't have the same issues at ASMu's food court as we did with POP. POP's food court was always so jammed that you had to be a table vulture to find a spot to sit & eat & then hope that your food was still hot when you finally managed to get a seat.

So next time we stay value it'll be at ASMu...........:mickey:

cajunmickey
03-27-2008, 10:47 AM
We have only stayed at sports and music. We love he music and will go back there any time. If you are in country you have a pretty good walk. I think you will enjoy music very much.

Jenemmy
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
The part we disliked the most about the resort was that we just got a standard room and we were about as far as you could be from everything and it was a long walk to get refills or back to the room in the evening.

I totally agree! This was the only main disadvantage. We were on the backside of Country Fair (w/ the large Cowboy boots) and it was a HAUL to get to the main building. After spending a day at the parks, it really made you think twice if you wanted to trek back to the food court and fill up your refillable mug.

Otherwise, we really enjoyed our stay there and would go back:mickey:

prttynpnk
03-27-2008, 11:02 AM
I totally agree! This was the only main disadvantage. We were on the backside of Country Fair (w/ the large Cowboy boots) and it was a HAUL to get to the main building. After spending a day at the parks, it really made you think twice if you wanted to trek back to the food court and fill up your refillable mug.

Otherwise, we really enjoyed our stay there and would go back:mickey:

I must 3rd this! we loved AsMu except for the end of the day trek to Country fair!
We loved the movies being shown by the pool at night, especially!

mook3y
03-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I must 3rd this! we loved AsMu except for the end of the day trek to Country fair!
We loved the movies being shown by the pool at night, especially!

Yep, that is where we were at too, it is a very long walk at the end of the day.

Especially with 2 toddlers in tote.