PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

*NikkiJ*
03-26-2008, 12:59 PM
:coffee: Does anyone know if free in-room coffee is available in all the resorts? Or is it just the mods, not the value? Or is it just random resorts?

DH and I NEED our morning coffee and would love to have a pot brewing and a cup before we leave the room, I know we could use our refillable mugs, but having it in room would be nice:coffee:

Taja
03-26-2008, 02:17 PM
:coffee: Does anyone know if free in-room coffee is available in all the resorts? Or is it just the mods, not the value? Or is it just random resorts?

DH and I NEED our morning coffee and would love to have a pot brewing and a cup before we leave the room, I know we could use our refillable mugs, but having it in room would be nice:coffee:

Coffeemakers and small refrigerators are standard in WDW moderate and deluxe resorts. I believe coffee is supplied. I don't drink coffee, so I didn't pay much attention beyond the fact a coffeemaker was in the room!

WriteDisney
03-26-2008, 03:09 PM
I was thinking about the same thing this morning.. wondering if theres any GOOD places to get coffee in the morning in the world...

I got coffee at Kusafari in Animal Kingdom and it was alright.. but not great...

BluewaterBrad
03-26-2008, 03:39 PM
No coffee at the Values . Either food court or we just take our little 4 cup maker. It works just fine for us!:mickey:

grumpypima
03-26-2008, 03:48 PM
We've stayed at most of the Moderates. They have coffee makers & a coffee supply. I don't use the creamer or sugar but they do supply you with powder creamer and a few packets of sugar.

WriteDisney
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
We've stayed at most of the Moderates. They have coffee makers & a coffee supply. I don't use the creamer or sugar but they do supply you with powder creamer and a few packets of sugar.

I didn't try it on our last stay, was it any good?

grumpypima
03-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I didn't try it on our last stay, was it any good?

I did use the coffee and it was okay...you know for me personally. I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Although, I have to have coffee in the morning, but I do not drink it throughout the day. I'm sure my taste isn't as refined as others??? I like a medium roast...

Here we go again...
03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
There are not many places to get good cooffe at Disney World. Since Nestle is one of their sponsors they use only Nesca-poop coffee.
You can get a good cup at Kona... other than that, bring your own coffee and brew it in your room.

DDuck66
03-28-2008, 01:40 PM
There are not many places to get good cooffe at Disney World. Since Nestle is one of their sponsors they use only Nesca-poop coffee.
You can get a good cup at Kona... other than that, bring your own coffee and brew it in your room.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Nesca-poop... I love it!!! Too funny!!!

poohluva
03-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know if the SWAN has coffe makers in their rooms???

We'll be there in 29 days!!:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
:) From experience, no coffee makers in the values but you have them in moderates...we had refillable mugs at our last values and are going to do that and bring a coffee pot for our upcoming stay at POP

catnmouse
03-29-2008, 12:51 AM
If I bring my own coffee...are there coffee filters in ther rooms or just those filter packs with the coffee inside? I know this is a dumb question, but I guess I need to know what size filters to pack.

Piglet822
03-29-2008, 08:12 AM
bring your own coffee and brew it in your room.

Which is what we do but we live local so bringing our own coffee pot and supplies is not a big deal - of course you don't want to see what we pack for just a weekend, lol.

If I bring my own coffee...are there coffee filters in ther rooms or just those filter packs with the coffee inside? I know this is a dumb question, but I guess I need to know what size filters to pack.

Not a dumb question at all - if I remember correctly it is the filter packs so you will need to bring your own filters, coffee, etc. Ina pinch I've used paper towels and that works fine but I don't recall seeing paper towels in anything other than the DVC rooms.
I think if you were to put your coffee supplies in ziploc bags and then put it in a larger storage bag it should travel pretty good in your luggage.

big blue and hairy
03-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know if the SWAN has coffe makers in their rooms???

We'll be there in 29 days!!:thumbsup:
Yes, both the Swan and Dolphin have coffee makers and coffee. Another plus, the water seems to be filtered, no sulpher taste!

:sulley:

MsMin
03-29-2008, 11:18 AM

I'm not sure but I would get the ones like Mr. Coffee. They have the little coffee packets which are worse than nesca-poop closer to Mr. Raid than Mr. Coffee.... :ack:
B/c you put the packets in the basket I would think it takes the common flat fluted kind. I didn't have a filter I just tried the packets. I have the cone filter at home and I doubt those would fit.

missbrookwood
03-29-2008, 11:31 AM
I always go the first day and buy DH the Mickey coffee that is in the hotel gift shop. It makes him feel the extra disney spirit to get to drink Mickey coffee every morning. :mcoffee:

Piglet822
03-29-2008, 04:47 PM
I have the cone filter at home and I doubt those would fit.

I brought those with me on my last out of town charter not thinking they wouldn't fit the basket. If it's a 4 cup coffee maker simply take the filter and fold it in half then place it in the bottom of the filter holder thingamajig. There was just enough filter on the sides that no grounds ended up in my coffee :D
Good thing - I can't start my day without it :coffee:

catnmouse
03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
I always go the first day and buy DH the Mickey coffee that is in the hotel gift shop. It makes him feel the extra disney spirit to get to drink Mickey coffee every morning. :mcoffee:

Mickey Coffee??? How cool! Is it Nescafe or is it real coffee? That would be nice and one less thing to pack!

missbrookwood
03-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Mickey Coffee??? How cool! Is it Nescafe or is it real coffee? That would be nice and one less thing to pack!

It is real coffee. Its real good too. It is a lot better than what they put in your room and it makes your morning extra magical.:mickey:

johnfunkwriter
03-31-2008, 08:22 PM
if we buy refillable mugs, is there coffee at the beverage centre? I know they had hot chocolate last trip, but I wasn't much of a coffe-drinker at the time and never noticed if self-serve coffee was available...???

Here we go again...
04-01-2008, 06:39 AM

They do have 4 cup coffee filters at the store that will fit the basket in the coffee maker at the resort.

Taja
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
if we buy refillable mugs, is there coffee at the beverage centre? I know they had hot chocolate last trip, but I wasn't much of a coffe-drinker at the time and never noticed if self-serve coffee was available...???

Coffee is available on the beverage island. It is the--ermmmm--Nesca...poop.

AKA, Nescafe. :)

RaRaRoundTheWorld
04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
We love coffee and always bring our own just in case there's no good coffee available anywhere. We bring different sized filters, the grinds, a tupperware container of sugar, and stirrers. All the above are placed in several zip-locs to prevent spillage on the plane. We then order or buy half & half upon arrival.

I'm not saying that you have to do this - it's just what we coffee nuts do!

JerseyDad
04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
....read somewhere (rumored??) that Nestle's was pulling out of WDW...and thus that would be the end of the Nescafe` coffee at the resorts....and I suppose everywhere else on site.

Has anyone heard information regarding this?...or was it just idle chatter?

offwego
04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
....read somewhere (rumored??) that Nestle's was pulling out of WDW...and thus that would be the end of the Nescafe` coffee at the resorts....and I suppose everywhere else on site.

Has anyone heard information regarding this?...or was it just idle chatter?

Wishful thinking? I'd be so thrilled. Has anyone seen anything on this.

Brainiak5
04-10-2008, 10:47 PM
If you bring coffee and are flying, just be aware that it may trigger some security searches. Drug dealers will often try to mask the scent of contraband by packing it with coffee. We may bring our single serve coffee machine as I dont want to risk breaking the glass coffee pot. Does any one know if they sell the single serve coffee pods in the resorts merchandise shops?