PDA

View Full Version : Are we doomed for May 25 to 30

ChewyStriker
03-26-2008, 11:11 AM
We're traveling to the world on Sunday before Memorial Day (Monday) and staying through Thursday with my son, who turns 3 May 28.

Our thinking was we might get bad crowds that Sun and Mon, but afterward, it should clear with most schools still being in session another week.

Anyone have thoughts?

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
We were there last year for the Saturday to Saturday before Memorial Day. I didn't think the crowds were too bad until the Friday before Memorial Day. And Saturday was CRAZY! Hopefully the crowds will drop for you after Monday. Just be prepared to hit the parks early and use Fast pass!

Have a great trip!

bruin1344
03-26-2008, 01:00 PM
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=129523

Tigerinvestigator
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
How can you be doomed at WDW??;) Just prepare more than 90% of the other people who will be there and you will have it made. Don't go into your vacation with a defeated attitude and you will have a great trip no matter how hot or crowded!:thumbsup:

momof3+twins
03-26-2008, 01:51 PM
ditto Friday and Saturday!

Here we go again...
03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
We have been to Disney World at that time and found it crowded but not too bad.
Take it slow, be prepared for the heat, use fast pass and let the kids go to the pool or room to nap when needed.

Get park hoppers and be prepared to go to another park if the one you start at is busy.
Take advantage of evening EMH so it will not be so hot too.

TheRustyScupper
03-26-2008, 06:54 PM
1) Doomed is such a harsh word.
2) I usually reserve "doomed" for
. . . paperboys who miss my porch and hit puddles
. . . surgeons who say "oops" in the middle of an operation
. . . ticket agents who say my flight is canceled at last minute
. . . doctors who want another colonoscopy
. . . used car salesmen who have a deal only for me
. . . people who send letters that start "greetings from the president"

3) In your case, there are increased crowds.
4) But, they are very manageable.

thejens
03-26-2008, 11:23 PM
We went last year at that time and had a wonderful time and will be there at that time this year too. The year before we went during Spring break so I have no idea what it would be like at a non-peak time. However, we went on every ride (well, practically)and ate in great restaurants and saw all the parades and fireworks in all four parks. We did this by getting to the parks early, getting lots of fastpasses and using the Unofficial Guide. If you don't like being rigid, at least follow the plan for the first couple of hours. We found this approach enabled us to avoid lines despite the crowds.

SpecJoe Magic
03-26-2008, 11:24 PM
We're going to be there during that time. I fully expect large crowds, but I'm not going into it with a doom and gloom attitude because that doesn't do any good. After all, I'll be at WDW and even if the trip isn't perfect, it's still better than not being there at all.

ChewyStriker
03-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Perhaps "doomed" was the wrong word to use in print. I was being a bit sarcastic, but still looking for some insight.

I know a day in Disney is better than a day at work - that's for sure!

Thanks to those who've helped out!:mickey:

bigbabyblues
03-29-2008, 06:37 PM
We went to WDW the same time last year and we had a blast!!!

We didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything using touring plans, and we'd gladly go the same time again.

goingbacktodisney
03-29-2008, 11:25 PM
We did this same time for my mom's 60th 2 years ago and the weekend was a little crazy, but by late Mon afternoon the crowds REALLY thinned out and Tues-Thurs that week were great for us, very little crowds! Have fun!