PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Sink Sundae at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop

myhappyplace
03-26-2008, 07:40 AM
I have been wanting to know if anyone on here has ever attempted the Kitchen Sink Sundae at the Beached and Cream Soda Shop? :eat: If you have, please share your experience with us. The more detail the better. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
03-26-2008, 09:09 AM
For one person, it's a bit much... For a family/group, it's not so bad (assuming you're willing to share with others!).

The ice cream isn't that much - four or five scoops, I believe. It's all the "extras" they put on it - for us, it was way too much whipped cream (an entire can, I think). Plus there are toppings that not everyone (in my group) enjoyed (ie: coconut).

There are brownies, sprinkles, syrup, etc., added to the sundae. It's more of a novelty idea than a great dessert IMO.

It's great fun when you get it and everyone in the restaurant watches! Fun to do at least once.

We just order individual things nowadays - like the "No Way Jose," now that's a fun sundae!

1DisneyNut
03-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I agree its more of a novelty but everyone needs to get one once for the experience. It is usually enough for the entire family.

myhappyplace
03-26-2008, 01:35 PM
I want to try it so bad, as you have said, "for the experience". But it is just myself and my 12 year old picky daughter. I have seen it made and it would be 50/50 on what we like. Just thought i would get some feedback on it. Thanks for the info.

Tygger7
03-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but can you ask them to leave certain toppings off? Reason I ask, is that I'm allergic to coconut...and didn't realized until this post that was one of the toppings. I can't imagine they would object, but curious if anyone has ever asked this question.

Thanks!

joanna71985
03-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I attempted to eat one by myself (it was a contest between myself and a guy). Let's just say it....didn't go very well!:blush: I didn't even get through 1/3 of it, while he was able to do about 1/2 or so. I have no idea how I was able to work afterwards. Luckily I walked a lot of it off by walking to Epcot.

PEA_Swe
03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Been there - done that - not doing it again!

I'm going to go back to the place, but I will never do a Kitchen sink again. NEVER!
It's way to much for one person. And to share it with others is a rather messy business.

Jonas_Swe
03-27-2008, 03:48 AM
The Kitchen Zink is an awesome treat and also a conversation starter! :eyes:

But something that can't be mentioned enough is - It's NOT for one person! :nono:

And I do mean that... No matter if you are a big eater and can chop down a family's share of QP's & fries at McD and still have room for a sundae!!! :eek2:

Because it's just too rich... :D

But if you don't mind a really fun but messy treat to share with all your friends and family - Hey! Go for it! :number1:

And... Because the description says "every topping that we have", remember to ask the waiter if they can leave out anything that you don't like or know that you are allergic to. And you should be fine! :mickey:

busterthebronco
03-27-2008, 08:18 AM
4 of us split one on our last day a few years back.
it was yummy!
even the 4 of us couldnt finish it.
i dont really understand the part on the toppings.:thumbsup:
i like brownies, nuts, choc syrup, etc.
i dont remember any coconut but i'm sure they would leave it off if you wanted them to.
lastly i'll have to say i have never heard of too much whipped cream! :blush:;)

DisneyGrrrl
03-27-2008, 08:24 AM
I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks the idea of sharing one of these (even with family) is GROSS. :ack:

I saw one of them while we were there recently and about 4 people were eating it. By about halfway through, it is a gooey, soupy, mess full of everyone's germs.

LOL, maybe I'm just a germaphobe!! :blush:

alpro2
03-27-2008, 11:17 AM
By about halfway through, it is a gooey, soupy, mess full of everyone's germs.

That's the best part....when it starts melting and is all gooey (many people can't make it to that stage). And don't worry about the germs....at least it's all in the family. Not like the germs you get when you ride the monorail. :D

DVC Mike
03-27-2008, 12:12 PM
The last time we were there, our server said the official record for the fastest time one person had completely eaten the entire kitchen sink was just 7 minutes.

mook3y
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
The last time we were there, our server said the official record for the fastest time one person had completely eaten the entire kitchen sink was just 7 minutes.

:jaw:

Talk about getting brain freeze!!!!

:ack:

Here we go again...
03-27-2008, 01:23 PM
We had 8 people eating on ours (you can find pictures on my home page) and could not finish it. The skinniest person in our group eat the longest.
They will give you bowls if you are worried about the germs...
The only hting I did not like was the coffeee ice cream. There is a lot of ice cream in it, but only 1 scoop of each flavor they have.

#1donaldfan
03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
We've been wanting to try it for years and have always put it off, forgot about it, or was too afraid of it. This year we ARE going to tackle it and finish it !!:mickey:

poohbearlover15
03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
I was just wondering since i never had the kitchen sink how much is it?

Maleficent's Dad
03-27-2008, 10:17 PM
I was just wondering since i never had the kitchen sink how much is it?
$21.99 plus tax and tip! :thumbsup:

azdisneymom
03-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks the idea of sharing one of these (even with family) is GROSS. :ack:

I saw one of them while we were there recently and about 4 people were eating it. By about halfway through, it is a gooey, soupy, mess full of everyone's germs.

LOL, maybe I'm just a germaphobe!! :blush:

My family of 4 tried one. Not gross at all. Messy, yes. We had a couple of serving spoons and individual bowls. No double dipping, no personal spoons in the sink. Not that much different than mashed potatoes at home. Just a bit more fun.

We couldn't finish it, just a bit too sweet for our family. One poster said they didn't like coffee ice cream. Our server asked what kind of ice cream we would like so didn't have to deal with anything like that. It was fun but I don't think we will get it again.