PDA

View Full Version : Bummed about MVMCP

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
:( I've always wanted to do MVMCP and we've always arrived too late to see it...last year it ended on the 21st, the year before on the 23rd so I thought for sure we would make it for our upcoming trip Dec. 20-30....NOPE it ends Dec. 19th:mad:

DDuck66
03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
I got to go last year...and while we enjoyed it, it was no where as near as good as the MNSSHP. As far as the Holiday events, we preferred the CP and the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights much better!!!
Sorry that you missed it, but I am sure you will have fun anyway.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh, I'll be over my pity-party by then and just be glad to be there, but we really had our hearts set on it....guess I will have to buy everyone cocoa and cookies anyway to compensate but will just have to imagine the snow.

CaptSmee
03-25-2008, 10:31 PM
:( I've always wanted to do MVMCP and we've always arrived too late to see it...last year it ended on the 21st, the year before on the 23rd so I thought for sure we would make it for our upcoming trip Dec. 20-30....NOPE it ends Dec. 19th:mad:

Well the good news is you won't really miss anything that the party has to offer. They switch the parade over as it gets closer to x-mas, they show most of the shows during the day as it gets closer to x-mas, the park hours increase as it gets closer to x-mas. I'm not sure about the fireworks...but, they may switch over to holiday wishes during the regular hours as well as it gets closer to x-mas.

Marilyn Michetti
03-26-2008, 08:40 AM
It was fun. We went twice, but aren't planning to this year. That's a lotta $$ for hot chocolate and cookies. The parade is awesome, and, (being from Arizona), it's the only "snow" we see. Pretty, but still soap suds.:shrug:

DDuck66
03-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Oh, I'll be over my pity-party by then and just be glad to be there, but we really had our hearts set on it....guess I will have to buy everyone cocoa and cookies anyway to compensate but will just have to imagine the snow.

They do the "snow" at the Osborne Lights as well. The lights, music, snow and the atmosphere are truly wonderful!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-26-2008, 10:01 AM
They do the "snow" at the Osborne Lights as well. The lights, music, snow and the atmosphere are truly wonderful!!!!

I didn't realize there was snow at the Osbourne Lights, I have to admit we've never really paid much attention to that attraction...I think we will give it a closer look this time. Thanks.:blush:

SpaceMtn101
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
the week of Christmas they show the parade and all the shows and fireworks at mk... thats why they stop christmas party... its for the sun to sat of the week of christmas... there are usually two christmas parade showings during the day on christmas eve and christmas day ... just be prepared for it to be VERY busy... as a cm i recomend that you get a seat at least an hour before the parade or you wont get a good view :)

"SULLEY "RULES!!
03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
My husband and I enjoy MVMCP. This year we'll be going to the party on December 2nd. We'll be going for 12 days and we had three dates to choose from. Looking forward in seeing the castle again. It's amazing during the holidays. I hope everyone down there has a magical time.:deer:

Mickey91
03-27-2008, 12:34 AM

You get to blame leap year for that one! At least all you will miss is the snow and cookies & cocoa. They have the same parade, shows, and fireworks that Saturday before Christmas.

Magic Smiles
03-27-2008, 06:46 AM

You want to see snow? Come to Ontario, Canada. The "snow" in MK during the MVMCP was nothing. It was barely noticeable, on the other hand the "snow" at the Osborne Lights was much better. Now if that was the only kind of snow that we received, it would be great. Anyone want snow? Our snow is still at least 5 feet deep in our backyard!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
You want to see snow? Come to Ontario, Canada. The "snow" in MK during the MVMCP was nothing. It was barely noticeable, on the other hand the "snow" at the Osborne Lights was much better. Now if that was the only kind of snow that we received, it would be great. Anyone want snow? Our snow is still at least 5 feet deep in our backyard!

:blush: The last snow we had was about 5 years ago and it was not enough to stick....although I wouldn't want it all the time one good snow every year so we could build a snowman would be nice....I only remember it snowing for Christmas once in my lifetime and it was Christmas eve, just flurries though

Here we go again...
03-27-2008, 01:14 PM
I didn't realize there was snow at the Osbourne Lights, I have to admit we've never really paid much attention to that attraction...I think we will give it a closer look this time. Thanks.:blush:

WHAT?????
Are you kidding??? You have been to Disney at Christmas and have not paid attention to the Osborn lights?
(I hope SgtTigger is not reading this, he might have to pull his gun out...)
I could spend the entire night looking at the Osborn lights. And, you can get hot chocolate in flashing mugs too. It is not free chocolate, but it is cheaper than MVMCP.

Child of Spaceship Earth
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
I have reservations at Pop Century Resort Dec 20th-January 3rd and I figured that the Christmas party would be on the 20th and 21st but last night I saw that it ends on the 19th so what I did was booked one night at the Motel 6 in kissimmee so I can attend the Christmas party on the 19th then I will go to Pop Century the next morning for my 2 week stay.:cloud9::mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I have reservations at Pop Century Resort Dec 20th-January 3rd and I figured that the Christmas party would be on the 20th and 21st but last night I saw that it ends on the 19th so what I did was booked one night at the Motel 6 in kissimmee so I can attend the Christmas party on the 19th then I will go to Pop Century the next morning for my 2 week stay.:cloud9::mickey:

:blush:My son has school on the 19th so we can't come earlier...they always have their semester tests then so I can't take him out earlier, although I thought about it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-28-2008, 10:07 AM
WHAT?????
Are you kidding??? You have been to Disney at Christmas and have not paid attention to the Osborn lights?
(I hope SgtTigger is not reading this, he might have to pull his gun out...)
I could spend the entire night looking at the Osborn lights. And, you can get hot chocolate in flashing mugs too. It is not free chocolate, but it is cheaper than MVMCP.

:blush: I know, we've been twice and never really went close enough to notice that their was anything special about them...that's why I like intercot so much, you find out things you've been overlooking....Hot chocolate in flashing mugs sounds like just the compensation we need...

fairies*n*fireflies
03-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Mississippidisneyfreak~ We are in the same boat you are. We scheduled our trip for the 20-27 and had hopes of going to MVMCP until I saw the schedule recently. I was soooo disappointed. My kids are still in school until the 19th also and one is in high school and will have final semester exams that week (plus it is his senior year) so we really can't pull him from school. After reading all the posts I do feel a little better though. I had planned on seeing the Osbourne Lights. I grew up going to my grandmother's house in Little Rock where they originated and us driving to see the lights, so I am excited about that.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Mississippidisneyfreak~ We are in the same boat you are. We scheduled our trip for the 20-27 and had hopes of going to MVMCP until I saw the schedule recently. I was soooo disappointed. My kids are still in school until the 19th also and one is in high school and will have final semester exams that week (plus it is his senior year) so we really can't pull him from school. After reading all the posts I do feel a little better though. I had planned on seeing the Osbourne Lights. I grew up going to my grandmother's house in Little Rock where they originated and us driving to see the lights, so I am excited about that.

I've been told that that Saturday and Sunday they show the parade at MK for free, so if we spring for cookies and Hot chocolate at the bake shop we'll have everything but the snow.

fairies*n*fireflies
04-05-2008, 12:48 AM
That's great to hear! All is not lost then. I am still so excited to be there at Christmas I can't stand it....

Mississippidisneyfreak, do you plan on doing anything special on Christmas Day while down there? I am trying to get ideas of what to do. I think that the trip itself will be everyones big present but could sure use some good ideas on how to make Christmas Day extra-special.

Anyone with ideas????

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-02-2008, 11:05 AM
That's great to hear! All is not lost then. I am still so excited to be there at Christmas I can't stand it....

Mississippidisneyfreak, do you plan on doing anything special on Christmas Day while down there? I am trying to get ideas of what to do. I think that the trip itself will be everyones big present but could sure use some good ideas on how to make Christmas Day extra-special.

Anyone with ideas????

We are taking a small tree with us to put in our room and we decided not to buy any Christmas presents for each other until we get to the World. Everyone will get three gifts and we will open them Christmas morning. We are going to eat a late lunch at Biergarten so we can watch the show, I understand they have Christmas decorations at the restaurant. That night we are going to the Wilderness Lodge or Ft. Wildnerness? to do a carriage ride...they decorate the carriage to look like a sleigh...I think you can reserve this up to 60 days out...it costs around $30 and that is not per person but to rent the carriage for 30 minutes.

RockinRollerMom
05-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I am sorry to hear about you not being able to attend MVMCP. I was able to go last year and did have a nice night. I can't agree with the previous posters more, The Osborne Lights are a do not miss!!! It was hands down the highlight of our trip last year. I am not kidding you when I say it literally brought tears to both mine and DH's eyes. I just wasn't expecting it to be so breathtaking. To us that's what's Disney magic is all about!:thumbsup:

Ayndi
05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Where/what are The Osborne Lights?

RockinRollerMom
05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
There is no description that can do it justice. At DHS starting mid November the streets of america are all light up in christmas lights. They are the most beautiful christmas lights that you could ever imagine. About every 15 minutes the lights "dance" to christmas music and of course it is snowing. You can go on youtube to find some vidoes of it. Like I said no description (or photo or video even) can do it justice.

Bethis26fan
05-02-2008, 12:12 PM

I agree it is wonderful it just really puts you in the Christmas spirit. We went a couple times last trip to just walk through and enjoy it. Give it another shot you'll love it.